The M&A Associate will develop pipeline by identifying new qualified acquisition targets and performing due diligence as they prepare financial, business, product and market analysis on specific targets while working collaboratively with other M&A team members. This person will work directly with potential targets, while also engaging with internal counterparts across Thrasio including Commercial, Marketing, Legal, and Supply Chain to review potential investment opportunities. Assessments include independent financial audits, contractual review and negotiations, competitive analysis & industry trends, and consideration for intellectual property & compliance findings.
For each M&A transaction, the Associate will play a lead role throughout negotiations and due diligence process, identify key risks & opportunities, document immediate action items for migration, and complete a comprehensive investment memo. Given that the M&A team aims to build robust pipeline, the Associate will have an opportunity that is unparalleled in the industry to work on multiple live deals from start to finish.
This role requires someone who is highly motivated and can effectively combine exceptional strategic thinking, superior communication, project management and quantitative skills.
- Building financial models and identifying key opportunities to pitch gainful strategies
- Ownership of assigned deal flow and a comprehensive review of diligence completed in coordination with M&A team members
- Identify keys risks and opportunities for a given transaction (pre & post close), while working cross-functionally to drive decisions and implement solutions
- Communicating/hosting meetings with business owners & key executives
What You Bring to the Party:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in an M&A transactional environment, preferably with experience in investment banking or corporate development
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills (including a working knowledge of finance/accounting)
- Team first mentality, with a superior attention to detail