*Note: This is a part-time, US-based remote role, primarily Thursdays through Sundays.
As the premier global database of lyrics and artist-focused content, Genius’s mission is to celebrate More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words with over 105M+ people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
- Provide complete and accurate transcription and sync of new releases
- Review and edit community transcriptions for accuracy and completeness
- Match new release transcriptions to Apple Music database
- Collaborate with Community and Tech teams to improve overall transcription processes and capabilities, including sync
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Comfort with spreadsheets
- Active participation in the Genius Knowledge Project and Transcriber community strongly preferred but not required
- Fluency in a foreign language or regional languages, especially Jamaican patois, is a plus
- Professional transcription experience highly regarded
- Age 18+