Kandji is growing fast and we’re building an in-house Product Design and Research team from the ground up. You’ll play a central role in delivering next-generation Kandji products and features across web, MacOS, iOS and iPadOS. We’re seeking a Lead Visual Designer with a strong pedigree in visual design, demonstrated expertise in creating design systems, and a solid approach to delivering consistent, development ready design work. You’ll play a central role in evolving the look and feel of our entire suite of Kandji products. You’ll also get to help shape the Product Design team culture that is founded in passion, support, and fun.
Day to Day
- Design an inspiring visual language that will take the look and feel of our Kandji product UIs to the next level while also delighting our users. That includes crafting UI components, icons, illustrations, animations, rethinking common designs/patterns and much, much more.
- Deliver beautiful scalable designs that account for accessibility, and thoughtfully consider technical constraints.
- Lead the definition, creation and support of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
- Be a champion of design quality and enable our entire product design team to exceed expectations through collaboration and mentorship.
- Use data and user research to inform design decisions and directions.
- Be a key liaison between Kandji’s brand marketing and the Product Design team.
- Although your primary focus will be on visual design, you’ll cross over into interaction design, user research and prototyping.
- Contribute to and positively shape the design team’s culture through collaboration, feedback, and process iteration.
- 5-8+ years of experience in a Product Design / UX Design or Visual Design / UI Design role.
- A strong portfolio showing your abilities in designing delightful user experiences for a range of responsive web and native mobile apps
- Experience developing component-based design systems and adapting brand guidelines to create stunning scalable design systems.
- Expert level proficiency in Figma as well as expertise with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch). Experience with Adobe XD, video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
- Appetite for pushing the boundaries of UI design with modern, emerging web UI patterns and implementation technologies. No coding required, but an ability to converse with developers about implementation details is preferred.
- Experience owning and developing component-based design systems and adapting brand guidelines to create scalable systems.
- Experience building SaaS products.
- Beautiful design aesthetic, well-versed in color, typography, layout, UX, UI, and interaction design.
- Deep understanding of best practice interaction design principles, especially Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and familiar with accessibility standards.
- Proven ability to maintain attention to detail across project deliverables; management of version control issues.
- A natural ability to build strong relationships — with your team, your manager as well as with various cross functional team members.
- Ability to thrive in an ego-free, collaborative, and cross-functional team environment.
- A confident design leader, an excellent communicator and cross-organizational team player that can thrive in a dynamic sometimes ambiguous working environment.
- You are excited and intent on raising the bar with smart, delightful solutions that solve real customer problems and align with wider company goals and priorities.
- You seek and offer candid and constructive feedback, and lean into challenges with curiosity, humility, and a willingness to understand.
- You possess a deep sense of accountability, fostering a high degree of responsibility within your product team and the wider Design team.
Benefits & Perks
- Work from anywhere in the USA!
- Competitive salary
- Generous vacation policy
- 100% individual medical + dental + vision coverage, 50% dependents coverage
- 401(k) with 4% company match
- Equity for full-time employees
- Home office reimbursement for comfortable remote working
- Cell phone & Internet stipend
- 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- New Macbook Pro and software setup
- Exciting opportunities for career growth
- An outstanding, inclusive culture