nsurance is a hard design problem. The product is complicated, the sales process is nuanced, and the workflows are long. It gets even harder when your clients are the world’s best tech companies with high expectations for a great user experience.
Vouch is revolutionizing the industry by crafting a delightful client experience, a perfect blend of people-oriented service and digital efficiency, powered by a flexible technology platform that can deliver better insurance, faster.
As a management-track Lead User Experience Designer, you will help us envision the future of our client experience and then bring it to life, in the form of direct design contributions, as well as mentorship of our team and collaboration on our vision for our product and team. Vouch aspires to not just create a great product, but to become a design-forward company where design and design thinking is woven into our DNA and is a significant lever for our success.
- Leadership: Inspire and mentor a small team of designers. Ensure their personal and professional growth while fostering a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Design Excellence: Get hands-on and set a high bar with your individual contributions. Your ability to balance strategic leadership with detailed, top-tier design work will be crucial in guiding and inspiring the team to produce exceptional outcomes.
- Champion Design Thinking: Immerse the organization in a robust end-to-end design process. Advocate for design-centric thinking, ensuring collaboration between product and other departments, and solidifying Vouch’s place as a design-forward company.
- Build a “First Diamond” Culture: Partner deeply with PMs and engineers to ensure we are solving the right problems. Take ownership of discovery by running workshops, aligning stakeholders, pushing back on premature solutioning, and setting projects up for success in the design phase.
- Strategic Collaboration: Act as a key strategic partner to design, product, and brand leadership, identifying opportunities and aligning visions for maximal strategic impact.
- Have at least 7 years in design, with a background in design leadership roles at early-stage companies, or proven IC expertise at a design-forward, mid-stage startup
- Exceptional ability to communicate, present, and influence across all levels of the organization
- Experience thriving in high growth or early-stage startup environments
Join us at Vouch, and be a beacon for transformation in the insurance world. Shape, lead, and inspire the next wave of user experience excellence.
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $165,000 to $200,000 per year.