As our Senior Security Engineer you will help mature Labelbox’s security posture and expand trust with our growing customer base. You will focus on securing our infrastructure, development lifecycle, and ultimately software, to ensure that it’s free from critical security risks. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing impactful security solutions in support of Labelbox’s SecOps program and broader Shift Left Security initiatives. You will work alongside dedicated and innovative teams both inside and outside the Security organization. You will build relationships with the Product Management organization and collaborate with technical leads and engineering groups across Labelbox, ensuring our solutions are built securely without undue friction.
Your Day to Day
- Reviewing infrastructure, applications, and organizational needs, against industry standards and trends to develop a SecOps roadmap
- Prioritize, advocate for, and own security efforts to ensure the organization’s security posture is in line with industry best practices
- Working with key partners from development organizations to automate and integrate security into their workflows and promote security practices like threat modeling, secure coding, and security review
- Manage security tools such as Snyk, Google SCC, WAF, and penetration testing
- Collaborating with IT and Security Committee to obtain and maintain compliance with frameworks such as HIPAA, SOC2, ISO27001, and GDPR
- 7+ years relevant application and cloud infrastructure security experience
- 7+ years as an architect or technical leader in the area of Security
- 7+ years experience managing security of a public-facing SaaS platform
- Demonstrated track record of acting as an advocate for security and winning support for security initiatives in the larger organization
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale security solutions
Labelbox strives to ensure pay parity across the organization and discuss compensation transparently. The expected annual base salary range for United States-based candidates is $170,000 – $215,000.