Addepar is looking for a Design Systems Lead who will build and evolve the design system from the ground up, with a focus on crafting an accessible, scalable, and appealing customer experience. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the vision, strategy, roadmap, and integration of Addepar’s design system. Responsibilities also include designing, documenting, evangelizing, and instructing the best practices associated with it.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of design systems and accessibility. Your understanding of the needs of both customers and internal partners help drive design system direction. You are adept at managing relationships between collaborators and the system and empowering the entire org to build faster and better.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the definition and implementation of Addepar’s design system, including supporting tools, resources, templates, and documentation
- Provide design leadership on standardizing component definition and usage guidelines with input from the broader product design team
- Discuss the system’s mission, vision, and processes to designers, product managers, developers, QA, and leadership
- Present work to collaborators, consider feedback, update as needed, and gain consensus
- Coordinate with product management on component integration efforts
- Own the roadmap and drive quarterly planning
- Conclusively resolve priorities, timing, risks, task importance, and possible breaking changes.
- Hold retrospectives and interview internal users to identify challenges, successes, and preferences in order to continuously improve the team and processes
- Use client research and data to help inform component definition when necessary
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience working on design systems
- 2+ years in a lead design role
- Able to showcase through work samples how you were directly responsible for leading and crafting a Design Systems team
- Strong, pixel-perfect UI design
- A passion for design systems and staying up to date on the latest standards, technologies, and strategies
- Adapt at Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite, or other industry-standard design tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills