We’re seeking a mission-driven Lead Product Designer to help build the Product Design function at Uno. As the first team member, you will be instrumental in laying the groundwork for a top-notch Product Design Team while also making a significant contribution as an individual contributor from day one.
Additional Role Responsibilities:
- Build the Design Function at Uno. Including but not limited to:
- Establish basic Design Operations.
- Hire additional designers and build out the design team.
- Establish the model for how Design collaborates with Marketing, Product, and Engineering and Operations at Uno.
- Build Uno’s Design System.
- Support key Product Design needs as an individual contributor.
- Collaborate with the Member Marketing team in the development of a brand voice and visuals.
- Unify and improve the user experience for internal users.
- Unify and improve the user experience for Medicare members.
- Support the launch of new Uno products and services.
Qualifications and Skills
- You have experience in a startup environment or a small, fast growing, design team.
- Specifically having special knowledge on what types of mistakes to avoid at this stage and which ones you’re ok making again. 🙂
- You have extensive experience doing user research and enjoy going end-end on a product launch.
- End to end being from user research to post launch iteration on designs.
- You are an excellent communicator, bringing clarity (beyond the visuals) to vague concepts and complex challenges to bring stakeholders along.
- Your design work is grounded in an understanding of business needs, and you prioritize practicality and functionality over visual appeal.
- You have a keen eye for detail, but also knows when to make compromises in order to achieve the bottom line.
- You’re confident in your opinions and are not afraid to express them, but you’re also receptive to feedback and willing to revise your thinking.
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Designer.
- 2+ years experience managing and growing a team of designers.
Nice to have:
- You’ve been the first designer and built a Design Function at a small, fast-growing company before.
- You have an impressive ability to keep everything in order, from design versioning to user research. If color coding, alphabetizing, and labeling bring a smile to your face, we think you’d be a great fit for our team!
- You have experience building a tech-enabled service.
- You have experience in healthcare.
- You have experience designing for a senior or medicare/medicaid population.
- You have experience doing brand design work.
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Thrive in a fast-paced, scrappy startup environment.
- Are both creative and strategic.
- Are great at breaking down or simplifying complex problems.
- Have strong opinions, loosely held.
- Are self-starting.
- Are Deeply curious.
- Are as obsessed with the SNL Papyrus sketch as we are.
Pay, Perks & Benefits at Uno!
- Pay Rate: $180-200k base pay + Equity Potential.
- Location: Remote but willingness to travel to our NYC or SLC office periodically.
- Time Off: 25d vacation / 7d sick / 11 paid company holidays – 1 floating holiday.
- Benefits: Competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
- Growth: Several opportunities for advancement both in leveling up, working on special projects, and learning & development opportunities.
- Start-Up Environment: Add on to our amazing company culture and bring your past experience to further evolve your career. Great opportunity to be a part of growing a mission-driven company as we expand to a new geography for the first time!