As our new App Portfolio Marketing Team Lead you will drive the GTM strategy and execution one of our key products: Confluence, along with other Atlassian Apps.
You’ll be responsible for setting the GTM strategy across the Confluence brand, while coaching and developing a team of talented marketers. The role will hire, lead, and develop a team that looks after everything Confluence marketing: from market positioning to digital advertising, to email automation and beyond.
Additionally, you’ll work closely with product managers, engineering leads, and other business stakeholders to influence the product roadmap and the future of Confluence apps.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Leadership and People Management
Develop the overarching Confluence GTM strategy, both for the individual apps and as App portfolio
Implement a consistent and impactful reporting framework across the team and ensure the right stakeholders receive the right information
Assist with priority setting for the Confluence product family
Orchestrate and coordinate cross-departmental product discussions
Mentor, coach and develop a team of marketers, varying from Associate to Senior level
Facilitate and enable collaboration and communication including conflict resolution
Align the team with product and business priorities
Lead the overall Go To Market strategy for the Confluence product family and communicate that strategy to internal stakeholders.
Build a marketing roadmap for the product family and each individual app, based on the stage of the product life cycle and the team’s objectives.
Leverage knowledge/experience of SEO, digital advertising, email and content marketing to determine the right marketing mix for each product.
Lead the development and management of multi-channel marketing campaigns across the team
Conduct user research and teach others how to approach customer interviews, surveys, market analysis, etc to drive our product positioning, persona development and map the user journey
Develop and project manage all marketing plans and initiatives across the full app lifecycle, to drive acquisition, retention and renewal KPIs.
Work with both product, marketing, and content teams to ensure consistent and effective messaging in all customer facing documentation and communication.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable leadership/management experience
- Strong B2B product marketing or product management experience
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to project manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn the Atlassian Marketplace
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex technology product messages into customer facing business and technology content
- Good written communication skills
- Team player with very strong interpersonal skills, who is comfortable leading complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Self-starting, strongly ambitious and tenacious: willing to go the extra mile
A couple of nice to haves:
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth Tech start-up environment
- Developer or product marketing background
- Interest in helping and inspiring colleagues