Job Description Summary
The Telematics team creates a software platform for the collection, analysis, processing, and reporting of automatically generated vehicle telemetry for new automobiles. These services process terabytes of information, integrating with artificial intelligence models, to identify and assess crashes and their severity. Driver behavior, active safety features, and environmental conditions are just some of the data attributes collected and evaluated in real time. In the event of accidents, these services initiate automated responses in the form of emergency assistance, vehicle transport, a replacement vehicle, medical services, etc. Project Tech Stack: Java 8+, AWS, Containerization (Docker & Kubernetes), Drop Wizard / Spring boot, No SQL (Dynamo DB), Async Messaging (Kafka / Active MQ)
- Collaborates product stake holder teams to identify and implementation of functional and non-functional requirements
- Responsible for on time delivery of high-quality software and infrastructure components
- Provides advice to leadership on the design, development and enforcement of business / infrastructure application standards to include associated controls, procedures and monitoring to ensure compliance and accuracy of data.
- Works closely with engineering team members, architects to design, develop and test all tiers of the application
- Participates in on-going maintenance and support including resolving any production issues / defects when needed
- Ensures that the services are built and deployed in an automated fashion
- Evaluates and prototypes new products and capabilities and provides insight on resulting value proposition.
- Monitors industry trends on web technologies and related concerns to aid with roadmap planning and risk mitigation.
- Mentor and assist in the training and on-boarding of other team members
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters, while giving and accepting feedback and constructive criticism
- Participates in client facing meetings, and vendor partnership teams to determine solution approaches.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
- 8+ years’ experience developing java based applications.
- Good understanding of microservices based software design & best practices
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience with any of the following:
- NoSQL data stores, Relational DBs, Object stores, cache frameworks
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Drop wizard or Spring Boot
- Apache Kafka
- Familiarity in using Git or another modern source repository
- Strong experience in unit testing principles & methodologies
- Experience in Agile and Scrum practices
- A quality-oriented mindset focused on product delivery
- A strong capacity and desire to learn
- Proven ability to collaborate, proven ability to lead junior engineers
- Java EE
- Rest Web Services
Nice to Have:
- Web Service technologies:
- AWS technologies: