Aiven provides an open-source data platform-as-a-service. We help organizations fuel the continuous innovation needed to create cutting edge, data-intensive applications by using leading open-source technologies.
We’ve got the will – our mission: make developers’ lives better, and help companies grow their business sustainably and securely.
We’ve got the way – our values: openness, ownership and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding – our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we’re one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people and invest in building a diverse team. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and we are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
Our Key Account Directors for OEM work with existing and new OEM partners to deliver DBaaS to their customers. This includes negotiating the contracts with the partners, expanding the offering, and contributing to partners’ GTM to better position DBaaS, thus enabling the partners to be successful in this offering.
This role will work with OEM partners to build their software on top of the Aiven Data Platform, to deliver stable, secure and scalable industry solutions. Partnership management and both technology & GTM alignment are key.
Successful candidates must develop a sound understanding of the Aiven solution, market and political landscape, as well as the partner ecosystem in their region.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure adoption and sales growth with existing OEM partners, including the expansion of their offerings with new Aiven services, and/or expanded marketing investments and routes to market.
- Identify and qualify prospective OEM partners that fit target profiles.
- Use superior presentation, proposal and negotiation skills to develop new OEM partner opportunities.
- Forecast new OEM partner business.
- Work with Solution Architects to align the roadmaps and expand partners’ offerings to their customers
- Review and renegotiate partnership commercial terms
- Commit negotiation and renewal
- GTM design, review, activities
- Portfolio alignment
- Support the set-up, alignment and implementation
- Work with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure OEMs are supported
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years of enterprise-class software sales experience; selling complex solutions to the top 15% of revenue-contributing customers
- Previous management of large partners; managing OEMs is a plus!
- Consistent track record of overachievement against revenue targets
- Successful in a team setting
- Experience with Cloud, SaaS, data infrastructure, and/or DevOps