About this position
You will create, maintain, and review technical documentation to support Ava’s cybersecurity software. You will also report back your opinions on usability or if a feature is difficult to document.
In addition, expect to:
- Adhere to company editorial standards to promote consistency in online and print technical documentation.
- Provide support and advice on documentation and user interface text on an ad hoc basis.
- Develop a solid understanding of all Ava Cyber products and how they are deployed.
- Work alongside the R&D team to document features as they’re being developed.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Plan and manage various projects simultaneously.
We are looking for a team player who thinks holistically, enjoys solving complex problems, and thrives working autonomously, but is not afraid to ask for input and learn from their teammates if they’re stuck.
You’re not expected to have all of the following skills, but they will be useful in performing your job:
- 2+ years’ experience as a technical writer, preferably within the enterprise technology or security industry.
- Commercial experience with MadCap Flare and delivering print/online documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to understand and accurately translate technical information in a user-friendly and concise manner.
- Experience or knowledge of cloud implementations/technologies.
- Awareness of the issues in developing documentation for non-native English readers.
- A good degree, preferably in a science, engineering, English, or computer-related discipline. A qualification in, or associated with, technical writing or user interaction is a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Proactive self-motivator, with the proven ability to work alone with minimum supervision and guidance, and to understand and prioritise tasks.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work as part of more than one team.
Does this sound like you? We’d love you to apply, even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements and qualifications.
What we offer
- Attractive salary with possibility for stock options
- Flexible working hours
- A remote-friendly organisation, with colleagues working remotely either part or full-time
- A startup with solid financial backing and long-term horizon
- Travel opportunities, as we have R&D offices in London & Oslo and Sales offices in the US
- An international group of colleagues, working on anything from hardware, software, user experience, artificial intelligence, machine learning, audio/video processing, and analytics, mechanical, and industrial design.
- Visa sponsorship available
- Newly refurbished and modern offices with disabled access and good transport links at The Charter Building in Uxbridge, London, UK.