These teams will help everyone from restaurants, gift shops, clothing stores, and countless other entrepreneurs to start, adapt, and grow their businesses. They’ll tackle the big challenges and the tiniest details, doing a mix of proactive and reactive work. Emotions will run high for people as they try to make sense of this pandemic and learn how to build and grow a business in the midst of it.
All Junior Support Advisors will go through an intensive four-week training program where they will learn the ins and outs of ecommerce, the digital economy and what creates a successful business online. After this intensive training our Junior Support Advisors will work directly with businesses to provide guidance in their move to digital and beyond. This will be a 3 month term placement with the potential to extend your role within the Shopify Support org and beyond. This role will be 40 hours a week on a rotating schedule. To better understand what that means please read through this doc.
You’ll get to:
- Learn human-centered customer support methods
- Partner with experienced customer support folks to respond to inbound and outbound needs of entrepreneurs
- Join a Support organization that has always been set up remote and will allow you to thrive from anywhere within Canada
- Help entrepreneurs and businesses from across Canada succeed online
Through our program, we’re specifically prioritizing the hiring of groups who face unique barriers to entry into the Canadian workforce.
What’s your story?
You might be someone who is early on in your career and hungry for accelerated growth. Perhaps you recently graduated and are looking to apply your fresh skillset in a way that will directly and positively impact Canadian entrepreneurs. Or maybe, you’re someone standing at a crossroads in search of a meaningful new direction: you saw this job posting and thought “Oh, there you are!”.
In any case, if you have a passion for helping people with an interest in working with businesses and tend to get deeply involved in the things you do, like communications, marketing, social media, entrepreneurship, problem-solving, design, or technology. If so, then the Junior Support Advisor role is for you. We’ll give you the mentorship and training, you’ll tackle the learning and personal growth, and together we’ll have a positive impact on entrepreneurs everywhere.
You’ll need to have:
- Innate curiosity and a desire to learn
- Deep understanding and high-care for the things you engage in
- Motivation and drive – you see every challenge as an opportunity
- A quiet working space at home
- A stable internet connection with at least 25Mbps download speed and 10 Mbps upload. Not sure? You can check your speed here.
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours per week) on a rotating schedule with varying shifts starting between 7:00 am – 11:00 am in your local timezone (includes weekends and holidays on a rotating basis). More information regarding the work hours expectations of the role can be found here
This Junior Support Advisor opportunity pays $16/hour.