At Wunder, we’re building a team of high-performing, effective, and sophisticated engineers. We come from a wide range of backgrounds, but regardless of where we come from, we all agree that the most fun we’ve had as engineers is when we’re working on challenging problems surrounded by peers who are as dependable as they are demanding.
With that in mind, we have an amazing opportunity for a motivated, intellectually curious, and creative Junior Software Engineer to join our fast-growing company. Like the rest of us, this person will wear many hats; you will work closely with our founders, solar partners, energy customers, and investors. Your role, broadly speaking, will be to solve problems and push renewable energy forward. Specifically, you will learn and work alongside our talented team of engineers to bring automation to our risk evaluation and deal execution process, and help streamline the portfolio servicing infrastructure that keeps our growing base of distributed energy-generating assets online.
If you’re tired of making apps for teenagers’ phones and you get excited about writing code to power the renewable energy infrastructure of the future, then this is the role for you.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Typescript, React, StimulusReflex, PostgreSQL, Heroku, AWS, CircleCI
Compensation: $110k – $140k/year + equity, based on experience
- A Solid Foundation – You have 1-3 years of programming experience with at least 1 year of production experience. Bonus points if you have experience writing code in Ruby!
- You’re a Builder – You have experience contributing to an engineering team and deploying code to production.
- You Are Ready to Learn – You should be excited to grow your engineering skills alongside a high-powered team, be challenged, and do the best work of your career.
- Maybe You Like Finance a Lot – Ideally, you are familiar with fintech and are excited about building a system which reliably facilitates billions in transactions.
- You have a Team Ethos – You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re not just excited to work cross-functionally, you demand it.
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder – The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard – In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
Some Benefits To Look Forward To
- One of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world!
- A big, bright, convenient, funky office located in Downtown Boulder
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
- Location agnostic, remote-first work environment
- Health, dental, vision benefits, and 401k matching
- Personal and professional development budget
- Disability and life insurance
- Equity and unlimited PTO
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave