All about Zymewire:
Zymewire is a Canadian SaaS company that has built game-changing technology to help sales teams accelerate revenue growth. Today we’re leaders in the life sciences space, but tomorrow we envision becoming the de facto service that sales professionals across all industries rely on to help them make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
We carry out our mission through (1) keeping our customers at the heart of everything we do (2) maintaining an unrelenting curiosity about their challenges and work flows (3) constantly innovating (4) learning from each other, supporting each other and having fun while doing it. We’re currently a distributed team of 40 (you’d be lucky Zymer #41!), scattered across Canada, the UK, and South America.
Today more than 250 pharmaceutical and biotechnology service providers around the world trust Zymewire for their sales research. Our users are located in over 50 countries around the world and their companies range in size from start-ups to billion-dollar multinationals.
In the wake of the pandemic, we’re very grateful to say that we’ve seen continued growth and that we’ve been successful in delivering sustained value to our clients. We are well-positioned to add a Junior Software Developer to Zymewire’s engineering team.
As a Zymewire Junior Developer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Expand and maintain the frontend user-facing Zymewire product
- Expand and maintain the backend data infrastructure used by the Zymewire product
- Receive mentoring from the engineering team, and collaborate to create innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Ensure the appropriate degree of rigour in testing is maintained
- As new problems are identified, investigate new technological approaches, then propose pragmatic solutions that will scale to the requirements of the business
Our tech stack includes (but is not limited to):
- Ruby on Rails
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Python for ML
WHAT WE’D LOVE TO SEE IN YOUR HISTORY:
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails or other MVC frameworks
- You know your way around a Linux machine
- You have a firm grasp of Object-Oriented Programming principles and common application designs
- You have a comfortable understanding of software best practices
- You’ve got a strong aptitude in technology and the interest and drive to expand your technical skill set
- You can acquire and use new knowledge quickly
- You thrive as part of a team, but you’re also comfortable with self-directed learning
- You love solving interesting challenges
- You’ve worked as part of a professional development team for at least one year
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or you have completed a software development bootcamp (with a portfolio of projects to share)
- You are fluent in English
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in Agile development and/or at a startup
- Interest in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working with Docker
- Interest in Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence