The Festicket Group is a truly international team with 100+ people from over 20 different countries, and a growing community of over 5 million customers worldwide all passionate about changing the face of live event experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London, with a remote workforce across Leeds, Europe, Australia and North America.
Since 2012, we have provided a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. The platform offers an end-to-end experience for music and festival lovers.
In eight years, we have become Europe’s largest music festival platform. We partner with over 4,000 festival, and event organisers across 40 different countries, such as Coachella, Tomorrowland, BST Hyde Park, Amnesia Ibiza to name but a few.
Since our acquisition in 2019 of the multi-award winning cashless POS platform Event Genius and the associated Ticket Arena portfolio which includes egTicketing, egMarketing, egTravel, egAccess and cashless payment technology, egPay. With these, we’re now able to provide 360 solutions that bring together technology and industry expertise to enable the best experience for organisers and fans alike.
We’re post Series-D funded, and backed by some of Europe’s largest VC funds giving us the resources and stability to realise our global ambitious growth plan.
We believe that our business should reflect the events and festivals we partner with. As such, we welcome applications from individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds. All we ask is that you have a passion for festivals and creating the best live experience for our organisers and fans.
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world.
At Festicket, quality is integral to our platform and service. We take a holistic approach to quality in everything we do. From designing next-generation interfaces to automated tools for testing and deployment. Our delivery-first approach means having good code coverage, focused automated checks, and exploratory testing techniques. We are a product-focused team and expect everyone to help contribute to designing solutions to support business outcomes. We run agile cross-functional teams where the Quality Engineers are the quality experts for the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform testing utilising the appropriate testing approaches and methodologies
- Debug, record and manage defects throughout their lifecycle
- Participate in all Agile rituals (3 amigos, stand-ups, retros, planning, etc)
- Support creating technical and testing technical documentation
- Analyse business requirements and consistently provide constructive feedback
- Efficiently and effectively collaborate to understand the application under test
- Be a quality advocate in your team and the wider tech & product team
- Contribute to automation efforts in your product team
Skills and Knowledge
- Commercial experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer, Test Engineer or similar on web applications, E-Commerce, SaaS/CRM/CMS or similar platforms
- Good understanding of testing fundamentals, including exploratory testing, risk-based testing, regression testing
- Confident with both REST API and Web GUI testing
- Good at testing the ideas for new features using a risk-based mindset for structuring your testing
- Experience with a variety of tools and a good understanding of which context to apply them in
- Proven experience working within a fast-paced Agile team
- Excellent fault finding, debugging and diagnostic skills
Behaviours we expect you to demonstrate in this role:
- Extremely organised and methodical whilst remaining pragmatic
- Confident collaboration with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A great communicator who is being open, honest and direct
Additional characteristics we expect our entire team to demonstrate:
- Adaptability and flexibility in the ever-changing world of a scale-up dealing with the challenges of a global pandemic that has hit the live music industry harder than most other sectors
- Intellectual curiosity, and the confidence to ask questions until you understand
- Positivity and a can-do mindset when faced with new opportunities
- Self-motivation and a sense of pride in achieving stretch goals on your own merit
- Comfort receiving and providing constructive criticism, as well as ‘managing upwards’
We’re a team of 100, with our HQ located in the amazing heart of Camden. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music/travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow. 📈
Benefits & Perks also include:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Flexible working from home policy
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Long service awards
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Value driven start-up culture