he Constant Company, LLC creator of Vultr is a rapidly-growing cloud infrastructure provider with 17 global data center locations. Constant’s flagship product, Vultr® is a favorite among developers, serving over 1.3 million customers with flexible, scalable bare metal, cloud compute, and cloud storage solutions. Constant is looking for an organized and detailed-oriented individual to join our development team as a Junior Software Engineer – UI/UX.
As part of the Web Operations team, you’ll work alongside multidisciplinary team members to design, create, and maintain a wide range of software artifacts for our cross-functional teams as well as our customer base.
Our engineers are critical-thinking, detail-oriented problem solvers with a keen eye for detail. They are intricate in keeping the day-to-day operations running smoothly as well as foreseeing and capitalizing on future opportunities for platform growth.
You’ll be able to work remotely in the United States or at our West Palm Beach, Florida office.
As a Junior Software Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Work in a multidisciplinary team alongside backend engineers and designers
- Design, create, and maintain user-friendly web pages
- Take user-facing features from design to implementation
- Improve upon our existing stack of internal-facing, customer-facing, and public-facing websites
- Optimize applications for speed and reliability
- Improve our mobile-based features
- Ensure that all of our sites adhere to accessibility standards
- Remain knowledgeable of latest and emerging frontend technologies
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent years of experience
- Excellent understanding of browser troubleshooting and debugging techniques
- Proficient understanding of CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Proficient understanding of layout aesthetics
- Proficient understanding of version control tools (Git)
- Basic understanding of server-side css pre-processors such as SCSS or SASS
- Basic understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and how to navigate around them
- Basic understanding of SEO principles and good practice
- Previous experience as a frontend developer, frontend engineer, UX Designer, Test Engineer, or in a QA role
- Experience with Webpack
- Hosted websites or portfolio projects
- Basic understanding of backend languages (PHP, Java, Python)
This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship (e.g., new H-1B visa sponsorship, transfer of existing H-1B visa, E-3 visa petition, etc.). All applicants for this position must have current and permanent legal authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Your employment includes paid time off, medical, dental, and vision insurance and a 401(k) plan with up to 3% contribution matching. #LI-remote
Annual Salary Range: 50k – 70k