Do you have a passion for building solutions that make a positive difference? We are looking for Java Engineers who are as excited about working in technology as we are.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Good knowledge of the Java ecosystem – including Spring, Maven & JBoss
- Good knowledge of software design
- Be able to explain, discuss and document complex technical concepts
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with CI/CD, Terraform, Infrastructure as Code, AWS
- Experience with driving for technical excellence and improvements
- Extensive experience working in agile teams
- Experience with mentoring other developers
As Java Engineer in Whispir you will be working in one of our engineering teams:
- Contribute to work breakdown, design, evaluation, planning and estimating product features
- Contribute to continuous improvement of practices and solutions
- Be an advocate for best practices and adoption of new technologies
- Support the other members of the team on achieving the teams goals
- Take on challenging and complex coding tasks
- Contribute to all agile cadences of the team such as planning sessions and retrospectives
- Work within your development plan to build and extend your technical and non-technical skills
- Provide after-hours support as part of our application teams weekly support roster when required
Our core product is based on Java EE stack with an increasing integration with managed AWS services. We’re focused on scaling the performance and reliability of this platform to better service our customers.
You will know at least one of these ecosystems and one or two others to a deep level. You should be familiar with various AWS cloud services such as EC2, EKS, RDS, AmazonMQ, EFS. Experience with automation tools (such as terraform, cloudformation) and CI/CD processes is a must.