We are seeking an individual with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and interest in the capital markets. While serving in this role, this person will help to successfully execute Lumen’s Investor Relations strategy, while supporting and learning from the company’s senior-most executives.
The Main Responsibilities
- Support the quarterly earnings process – assisting in the preparation of analyst conference call materials, scripts, press releases, quarterly reports, presentations and other financial information
- Assist in preparing reference materials for executive officers participating in investor meetings or conferences
- Scan traditional and social media in real time and alert leadership to noteworthy developments affecting Lumen, the company’s peers, or the industry, assisting with creating executive summaries when needed
- Support the planning, logistics and execution of key investor events such as shareholder meetings, investor days, conferences, and NDRs
- Partner and collaborate cross functionally within the Finance department and across the Lumen organization to gather information related to quarterly financial performance and ensuring alignment and accuracy of figures and narrative presented in quarterly IR materials
- Generate consensus projections based on financial estimates from sell-side analysts covering Lumen’s equity; also track ratings, price targets and other relevant data
- Assist with updating and augmenting industry and peer company reporting spanning quarterly financials, valuation, M&A, product development, and other relevant comparisons as needed
- Help maintain the Investor Relations external website and ensure updates are posted timely and accurately
- Support the review of all investor-focused disclosures to ensure accuracy and consistency in messaging
- Coordinate conference calls associated with quarterly earnings, investor conferences, and our annual shareholder meeting
- Assist with retail investor base questions about the company and stock ownership
- Support the continued development of analytics to enhance Lumen’s shareholder base through targeted investor outreach and engagement
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field; MBA strongly preferred
- Strong desire to learn and engage in the Investor Relations field
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of TMT sector
- Strong analytical skills including solid understanding of financial statement analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor necessary to communicate company performance and strategy with institutional investors, equity and fixed income sell-side analysts, and retail investors and stockbrokers
- Strong track record of maintaining relationships and communicating with a wide range of partners both internally and externally
The starting salary for this role differs based on the employee’s primary work location. Employees typically do not start at the top of the range, though compensation depends on each individual’s qualifications.
Location Based Pay Ranges
$80510 – $100635 in these states: AR, ID, KY, LA, ME, MS, NE, SC, and SD.
$84740 – $105923 in these states: AZ, FL, GA, IN, IA, KS, MO, MT, NM, ND, OH, OK, PA, TN, UT, VT, WV, WI, and WY.
$88980 – $111218 in these states: CO, HI, MI, MN, NV, NH, NC, OR, and RI.
$93210 – $116513 in these states: AK, CA, CT, DE, DC, IL, MD, MA, NJ, NY, TX, VA, and WA.
As with the pay range variety that’s based on the region of a country, specific offers are determined by various factors such as experience, education, skills, certifications and other business needs.