As the Internal Audit IT Senior Manager, you’ll play a key role in helping us establish an internal audit function. You’ll support the Sr Director of Internal Audit with the planning and execution of our internal audit services, with a focus on SOX compliance, adhering to control standards required for a public company. In this role, you will collaborate with internal and co-sourced audit personnel, work closely with IT Compliance and Engineering teams, and partner with the external audit team to provide objective assurance and advisory services that mitigate risk and improve controls and compliance across our Company. Additionally, you will provide guidance and support the IT organization with important business initiatives and system implementations, as well as participate in designing the future-state audit program to include SOX, operational, and compliance audits.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and execute audit projects, assessments, and investigations.
- Support the Sr Director of Internal Audit with the preparation of the annual risk assessment and Internal Audit Plan.
- Support the execution of the Company’s global SOX program including IT risk assessment and scoping, segregation of duties analysis, SOC1 reviews, control walkthroughs, testing of IT general controls, IT automated controls and key reports, remediation, and reporting to key stakeholders across the company.
- Coordinate with external auditors to align efforts (including control testing reliance) and ensure alignment on conclusions.
- Support process and control owners with the development of key internal controls and identify changes in existing and/or new activities which require controls.
- Identify gaps in the internal controls design that could lead to financial reporting risk and support remediation efforts.
- Facilitate impact assessment of control deficiencies reported throughout the year, and coordinate remediation efforts as needed.
- Collaborate with IT Compliance in their responsibilities related to ownership of IT-related controls (documentation, evaluation, remediation, process improvements)
- Train employees on Company policies, programs and internal control requirements.
- Execute other tasks or special projects when required by management such as review of system implementations, due diligence reviews, and internal investigations.
- Be a great business partner – establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team, co-sourcing partner, external auditors, and with leaders across the business.
- Support the Sr Director of Internal Audit with the preparation of periodic update reports to the Audit Committee, senior management and other stakeholders communicating known controls issues & deficiencies and discussing strategies for enhancing the control environment.
- Monitor emerging best practices in internal controls and regulatory compliance; adopt continuous improvement principles that are pragmatic and sustainable to support an enhanced control environment.
- Continually identify and drive solutions for greater efficiency and value.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or related field
- Active CISA or related designation (CPA, CIA)
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a professional audit/SOX capacity, preferably with a mix of Big 4 public accounting firm and public company experience
- Previous experience executing a company’s SOX program and designing and implementing a system of internal controls (ITGCs, ITACs, KRL/RDE)
- Extensive knowledge of the COSO 2013 internal control framework, solid understanding of risk management/control frameworks, standards, and guidelines (e.g., NIST, COBIT)
- Advanced knowledge of audit principles and theory, the Institute of Internal Auditing (IIA) standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Experience with IT security, governance, network, infrastructure processes and procedures, and data privacy
- Experience with NetSuite and Workiva a plus
- Comfortable with a complex homegrown applications and cloud environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to present and explain complex information and suggest process improvements to diverse audiences
- Strong project management and organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize various work streams simultaneously
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers, senior leadership and all levels of the organization, with a positive and professional image
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $100,000-$155,000