What if everyone got on the same page? This is something we ask ourselves everyday at Bananatag.
We believe great communication is at the heart of every business and we’re here to help companies make meaningful internal communication easy. Because when employees are informed and engaged, they’re happier and they do better work.
Who we are
Bananatag is an employee communication platform that allows users to save time by managing their email, Slack and MS Teams messages from a single tool. Our industry-leading email designer helps teams to collaborate in real-time on branded, engaging content, then explore analytics to understand the impact their messages are having.
Check out some of Bananatag’s blogs to learn more:
Are you our next Intermediate Frontend Software Developer? We’re looking for someone to have roughly 2+ years of industry experience to join our amazing Product team to help us develop our industry-leading drag-and-drop Content Designer, which enables our customers to collaborate in real-time on their internal employee communications. This is a unique opportunity to join a really sweet tech company, you can scope us out on Instagram, Glassdoor, and Indeed. We aren’t perfect, but we’re proud of who we are!
In addition to programming, you’ll work closely with your team’s Product Manager to help define business requirements. You’ll collaborate with your team’s Product Designer, offer design feedback, and together build intuitive experiences for our customers. You’ll take ownership of technical projects, and bring your team together through clear communication and knowledge sharing to take it across the finish line.
Bananatag has a positive, diverse, and evolving culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, impactful. If this sounds like a good fit for you, skim the rest and apply now.
What you’ll be up to:
- Writing clean, scalable code while maintaining standards of reusability, performance, quality and security
- Collaborating in team discussions to help identify priorities, rabbit holes, and unclear interdependencies
- Demonstrating an understanding of the desired outcomes for solving business and technical problems
- Debugging issues across teams by helping to identify the root cause, considering and discussing multiple solutions with team members
- Adding abundant testing to bring code coverage to an acceptable standard
- Engaging in two-way feedback conversations through pull requests and team discussions
- Owning code quality, actively learning and seeking out ways to continuously improve
What you’ll come with:
- Proficient in the Node environment and NPM
- Solid foundation in frontend development using the latest features in React/Redux, Webpack and a CSS preprocessor (eg. Sass)
- Basic knowledge in SQL/noSQL database design
- Basic knowledge in AWS (eg. RDS, ECS, Lambda, and Dynamo)
- Basic understanding of algorithms and data structures
Nice to Have:
- Experience with building content creation tools
- Experience with accessibility and has an eye for UI/UX
- Competitive salaries with regular compensation reviews
- Company stock options
- Comprehensive extended benefits package (health, dental, and vision) from day one.
- A progressive ‘Employee Assistance Program’ through Babylon (owned by Telus) Telemedical access to doctors, therapists, and dietitians.
- Group Registered Savings Plan program (RRSP)
- 4 weeks of vacation for everyone
- We are a ‘remote first’ workplace now, but have nice offices in Kelowna & Vancouver if that’s your thing, or even something in between. But require you to be eligible to work in Canada.
- We invest in professional development for you lifelong learners.
- Authority, accountability, and autonomy to succeed at your own pace. A team that embraces knowledge sharing and wearing different hats. There are no lordships and fiefdoms here
- We’re serious about diversity, inclusion and representation. We’ve created a task force to make sure that we’re not just talking the talk, but also walking the walk. Our stance is below
- We surprise and delight our employees from time-to-time, you’