The Commercial Lines Analyst is responsible for driving new business CL written premium results. The role is responsible for managing transactions beyond the automation platform using consultative sales skills to assist to field agent in closing the sale with their customer. The Analyst will negotiate with carrier underwriters and have a wide breadth of placement skills, experience and knowledge across CL lines (i.e. BOP, WC, Auto, and GL) classes (i.e. artisan contractors, restaurants, small business).
- Responsible for providing exceptional day-to-day new business consultation, service and support to agents
- Expert level of knowledge and understanding of programs, products and processes to explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies and coverage should the agent choose to request this information and assistance from the Placement team
- Meets new business written premium objective by assisting field agents to sell through consultative sales approach to close the sale
- Uses independent judgment to evaluate risk eligibility against carrier appetite and guidelines to determine appropriate non-automation platform market feasibility
- Negotiates with carrier underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for the agent s clients at the best price
- Educates agent on various commercial aspects of writing business, including but not limited to classes, policies features and commercial automation platforms
- Manages telephone/web relationships with assigned ELITE agents. Assists CL Manager in identifying agents with high potential for CL business results
- Meets daily performance standards, communicating with agents via phone, email and live chat
- Through daily interactions, trains and supports the agent on optimizing the automation platform
- Provides guidance and may assist in training junior staff but no direct supervisory responsibility
Education and Experience:
- 4 year Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
- 0-2 years experience (Preferred)
- In lieu of the above education requirements, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Property & Casualty License (Preferred)
- Consultative sale skills, demonstrated ability to influence and persuade clients/agents to close a sale
- Results driven- demonstrated accountability for new business written premium targets
- Negotiating and influencing ability to impact the decision of others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Internet proficiency
- Experience with Property Casualty multi-line rating and underwriting
Compensation offered for this role is $43,500.00-$50,000.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.