Do you love creating engaging instructional materials? Want to join a small but mighty team? Yelp is looking for epic talent! We are hiring an Instructional Designer. In this position you will focus on designing and developing dynamic, visually electric learning solutions, instructor led and self-paced, to help solve business problems. From analysis to implementation and evaluation, you will create elegant and valuable learning experiences to enable our business strategy. Whether it’s a video, eLearning, live class, job-aid, or something else, you will figure out and consult with the business to identify the best approach and make it happen by leveraging existing content or creating something brand new, all the while helping ensure our Yelp associates are making use of the most innovative, up-to-date learning techniques, tools, and technologies.
We are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at Yelp.
This is a full-time role based in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- You will design, develop and maintain course materials including instructor manuals, participant guides, eLearning, video, train the trainer materials, job aids, evaluations, tests, etc.
- You will consult with business partners to design learning solutions based upon audience needs and task analysis that include recommended delivery method, curriculum content, and supporting materials to ensure mastery of learning objectives.
- You will establish relationships with business partners to stay aligned to forecast learning needs and recommend learning solutions.
- You will establish, implement, and maintain instructional design methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- You will conduct task/impact analysis using standard department techniques ie. surveys, focus groups, interviews,etc.
- You will evaluate the effectiveness of training design through the creation of assessments, activities, and evaluations that gauge the mastery of learning objectives during and after training.
- You have experienced capability of Articulate 360, and other authoring tools.
- You will perform other related duties as assigned.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have the ability to work independently with senior staff guidance.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in education.
- You have 3 – 5 years’ experience in instructional design and development, adult learning theory, technical writing.
- You have experience in a corporate L&D environment.
- Exceed experience (preferred but not required).
What You’ll Get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 5 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan