We are looking for an exceptional Instructional Designer / Content Developer to join our growing team. In this role, you will be involved in developing video-based online self-service training for the Workato’s Integration and Automation Platform as well as delivering on-site training to customers and partners. You will also be responsible to:
- Work with a core team of 4 to develop a set of video-based modules and content for various advanced topics of the Workato platform.
- Define measurable learning objectives, for video-based self-service training solution (LMS) and future ILT.
- Storyboard learning lesson in slides, develop scripts, coordinate with video editors and voice-over artists.
- Embrace different formats of self-service training formats, primarily videos, interactive eLearning, screen-recorded tutorials, best practices and How to’s documentation
- Establish rapport and reasonable expectations with subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Engage with cross-functional teams who have varying levels of involvement with the training program, and maintain relationships to build reliable internal SME support for the program and your subject area.
- Abide by a timeline of expected delivery.
- Follow a style guide and standards to create training content catering to both technical and non-technical users. Develop standards where there are none and need to be to continue paving the way for future teammates.
- Work on multiple projects at once to ensure continuity of work while waiting on reviews from SMEs and other stakeholders.
- Drive best practices from an overall customer adoption and engagement
- Deliver remote and in-person training
- Use graphic design methods and tools to create relevant diagrams and graphics in accordance with a corporate style to support online learning content
Qualifications / Experience / Technical Skills
- Degree in computer science, or instructional design
- 4+ years working experience designing video-based or eLearning to train people how to use software.
- Comfortable learning new software.
- Ability to communicate advanced/technical concepts succinctly and in a digestible format.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey and relate ideas to others and work collaboratively to get things done. A “people person” who can build internal trust and rapport with ease.
- Fluent with G suite to manage projects and collaborate with others.
- Please share your portfolio with video-based UI demonstrations + walkthroughs using voice actor / narration and examples of self made graphics.
- Proficiency in the following tools is a big plus:
- Articulate Rise
- Google Slides / Keynote
- Snagit or Photoshop or Illustrator or Lucidchart
- Knowledge of automation and integration space
- Knowledge of APIs, Web Services, Relational Databases, and Basic Programming
- Knowledge in using Workato +++