The Inbound Sales team is the first point of human contact for prospective customers learning how Mailchimp adds value to their business. The team works with businesses ranging from completely new to digital marketing to those switching from other providers and looking to optimize. The Inbound Sales team is tasked with guiding conversations with prospective customers around the ROI of our platform offerings with features, integrations, pricing, and security, compared to competing marketing platforms. Through speedy relationship and trust building, the team encourages accelerated feature adoption leading to enhanced value from our platform. Our team’s guidance sets businesses up for success before their first touch point with Tech Support. If you’re passionate about helping businesses grow, touting the benefits of smart marketing, and thrive on connections over the phone, in person, and via email with marketers, business leaders, and agencies, we’d like to talk to you.
We’re looking for a candidate who is passionate about Mailchimp and eager to educate prospective customers on Mailchimp’s platform capabilities. An ideal candidate is a good listener who is comfortable asking clarifying questions to uncover prospective customer’s use cases. You will tie prospective customer marketing pain points to Mailchimp solutions while using conversational probing questions to qualify leads and build our pipeline. You will provide prospective customers with fast, accurate answers to their Mailchimp inquiries, informing prospects of the ways Mailchimp can help them become smarter marketers while growing their brand.
What you’ll do here:
- Monitor inbound channels (phone, email, & chat) and proactively respond to leads
- Own initial discovery conversations with prospective customers
- Dissect and qualify prospects’ business goals to determine if Mailchimp can be a strategic investment for their business’ growth
- Accurately capture customer information, including addresses and phone numbers, for future follow-up in our CRM
- Influence decisions to achieve win-win outcomes
- Translate Mailchimp’s features into benefits for the customer
- Use pre-built formulaic solutions and recommendations based on customer goals and objectives, including recommending best billing plans
- Offer competitive insights as to why Mailchimp is, or is not, a good fit for each prospective customer’s needs
- Maintain up to date knowledge on the market and competitive landscape
- Meet /exceed defined revenue, productivity and quality metrics
We’d like to hear from you if:
- You have 6 months with prior relevant experience.
- You have strong written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to explain concepts to an international audience
- You are high energy, outgoing and capable of making a high volume of emails and phone calls
- You are metrics-driven to achieve assigned goals
- You have a solid understanding of our Terms of Service and AUP
- You have strong organizational skills in the work at hand
- You have the ability to work under general supervision
- You pay attention to detail, follow-through, and are accountable
Bonus points for:
- Being multilingual in one or more major European languages