Figma is looking for a HRIS Data Analyst to lead the delivery of our people data and insights strategy. In this role you’ll build and design reports to show people trends, drive decision making, and enable our teams. You’ll partner with senior leaders to answer critical business questions and inform our global operating strategy. As the first people analytics hire, you will be the subject matter expert and have an outsized influence on the future of people analytics and insights at Figma.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Work directly with leaders to understand business needs, scope data requests, synthesize insights, and provide actionable recommendations that drive our people strategy
- Translate complex findings and data in a compelling and easy-to-understand narrative for audiences of all technical levels.
- Partner with cross functional team members to ensure processes and system integrations are designed to produce high quality data and insights.
- Develop, design, and maintain complex Workday reports and dashboards, including calculated fields, composition reports, and security.
- Establish and maintain data governance processes and standards to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and security within the Workday ecosystem. Collaborate with data owners and stakeholders to define data quality rules and monitor compliance.
- Use excel/google sheets or other methods to analyze data from different sources
- Develop and execute roadmap for combining Workday data with other external data sources
Some projects you could work on:
- Build self-serve reporting/dashboards for key stakeholders including executives, people operations, managers, Finance, and Sales Operations
- Lead the implementation of the people analytics Workday module
- Develop and execute a strategy for combining data from multiple people systems
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience on Workday reporting and analytics; Advanced knowledge of Workday reporting and analytics tools including Workday Report Writer, Composite reports, dashboards, and the people analytics module.
- Understanding of data governance and best practices
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and techniques to create informative and easy to understand dashboards
- Are an expert systems-level thinker; you’re able to combine data sets, understand how information flows between tools and identify possible breakdowns.
- Have delivered across the full lifecycle of analytics projects – requirements gathering, data collection, data cleansing, analysis, visualization, QA/QC, and deployment.
- Have deep experience with Excel/Google sheets and advanced proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Mode, etc. and an understanding of SQL or other programming languages like Python or R.