Location: This role is primarily fully remote with some occasional travel required (20%).
Compensation: As a salaried position, the pay is competitive and based on a number of job-related factors, including knowledge, skills, and abilities. The salary for this position at the time of hire is $90,000 per year while eligible to receive a performance based bonus. The salary provided herein is the anticipated pay at the time of hire and does not reflect potential future job opportunities.
About the Role
We are looking for an accomplished Operations Analyst to improve our company’s strategies and competitiveness. As an Operations Analyst, you will play a critical role in leveraging data-driven insights to enhance financial decision-making and operational efficiency within the organization. You will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting financial and operational data to provide actionable recommendations that drive improvements in performance, cost management, and overall business development strategy.
The incumbent should be passionate about data and have hands-on experience with complex data systems. The Operations Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of the data analytics process and will be tasked with helping the CardioOne team with a scalable framework for data collection, extraction, loading, reporting, and analysis. This is a fantastic opportunity for natural problem-solvers and seekers of a dynamic, agile work environment.
To be successful in this role, you should be ready to:
- Data Collection, Cleansing and Analysis:
- Collect data from various practice EMR systems, cleansing the data in the process.
- Organize financial and operational data from various sources, including databases, spreadsheets, and RCM systems.
- Utilize data analysis techniques to identify patterns, trends, and outliers within financial and operational data sets.
- Financial Analysis:
- Perform analysis to compare actual financial performance against budgets and forecasts.
- Identify opportunities to improve financial efficiency, reduce costs, and increase revenue.
- Operational Efficiency:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze operational processes and workflows.
- Identify bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and areas for process improvement.
- Recommend data-driven solutions to streamline operations and improve resource allocation.
- Business Development:
- Conduct thorough market research to identify emerging trends, customer needs, and competitive landscape.
- Analyze data to identify potential market segments, untapped opportunities, and areas for expansion.
- Create regular reports and dashboards to track key performance indicators (KPIs) related to business development efforts.
- Forecasting and Planning:
- Assist in the development of financial forecasts and budgeting models based on historical trends and future projections.
- Provide insights to guide strategic planning and resource allocation decisions.
- Monitor actual performance against forecasts and provide explanations for deviations.
- Reporting and Visualization:
- Create client-facing, comprehensive reports, dashboards, and visualizations to communicate key findings and insights to stakeholders using Microsoft PowerPoint and other visualization tools.
- Translate complex data into understandable, actionable insights for non-technical audiences.
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity in all reporting outputs.
- Ad hoc Analysis and Projects:
- Support ad hoc analysis and special projects related to finance, operations, and strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to address specific business questions and challenges.
- Present findings and recommendations to management and executives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; preferably in quantitative or healthcare administrative field (Business Administration, Economics, Finance, etc.) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excel experience required
- Microsoft PowerPoint experience required
- Technically savvy; Able to pull reports from several different practice management systems; Some knowledge of healthcare claims data
- Must comply with HIPAA rules and regulations
Desired Behavioral Skills & Attributes:
- Able to be client facing and think critically about the data that is obtained from clients and prospective clients.
- Ability to work in a rapidly growing environment, with excellent attention to detail, multitasking and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and apply critical decision making with constantly shifting priorities.
- Quantitatively focused, extremely bright, analytical and like researching.
- Experience in working with healthcare data, EMR systems, multiple database types and BI tools