At League, we’re big on building connections – both through our product and with each other. Our platform is consumer centric, personalized and always on. It’s a front door to healthcare that empowers people to live healthier, happier lives. Every day.
When you feel connected to our mission, values and the work you do, you’re driven to perform your best every day. When you feel connected to people you work with, you’re able to build meaningful relationships that last. Together, we share the ultimate goal of delivering better health outcomes for everyone.
The world has changed, and so has the way we work. We believe you can work where you work best (whether it’s in the office all the time, a few days a week, or none of the time), and still feel connected to our mission, values, purpose, and each other. League is headquartered in Toronto with a second office in Chicago and we believe in empowering Leaguers to work their way—anywhere that works for them in Canada and the US.
All Leaguers have League life moments – moments in our careers that connect us to League’s mission and values, to each other and to our amazing work – every day.
Will your first League life moment be meeting our team? We can’t wait to meet you.
As a Health Content Writer/Manager, you are responsible for creating and managing a portfolio of health-related programs, activities and other content within the League Health Benefit Experience (HBX) platform. This content will be developed in conjunction with the strategic direction of League, as influenced by the Health Solutions team. Furthermore, this role will be highly collaborative within the Health Solutions team, Product Management team and Engagement teams. This role will also work closely with League’s clinical staff and Chief Medical Officer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Content strategy and development
- Working across League teams to gather data and advise teams on a framework for content strategy in conjunction with editors and stakeholders
- Developing content within the structure required to be added to the League platform
- Become a super-user of the Content Management System (CMS)
- Work with other internal and external content creators to augment content created directly
- Scaling existing content to adapt to new applications in HBX
- Content voice and style
- Provide education to members through dynamic content
- Health and behavioral health perspectives to be included
- Facilitate an engaging user experience
- Supporting customers
- Work closely with colleagues to present content strategy to customers and/or prospective customers
- Work closely with colleagues to discuss specific content with customers and/or prospective customers
- Ask customers for direction on new content development that meets their needs
- Collaborate in developing a unified content strategy
- Develop hundreds of elements for new and/or improved content to the League HBX platform
- Use content creation to achieve engagement in HBX platform key objectives
- Use content to achieve active and ongoing monthly active user key objectives
- Minimum 5 years in healthcare or health and wellness benefits, journalism, psychology (experience in writing health content),
- BA or MA/MS in English, journalism, nursing, or other clinical related degrees or equivalent experience
- Experience in a dynamic, high-performance organization with proven results
- A Bonus would be:
- Bilingual French and/or Spanish
- Previous experience with health and wellness programs preferred
- Working technical knowledge of Behavior Change Theory and it’s applicable use
- Communication – Effective in communicating with customers via email, over the phone or in person. Internal communication is key in clearly outlining status updates.
- Project Management – Can handle multiple projects and work cross-functionally between different technical and non-technical teams.
- Organization and Documentation– Can create and leverage internal processes to work independently and within a group.
- Coaching & Feedback – Accepts feedback graciously and learns from everything they do. Participates in code reviews, and occasionally provides feedback on convention standards or errors.
- Presentation skills – Ability to present in an engaging way with employees of diverse backgrounds.
Digital Editor Major Responsibilities:
- Update and maintain web content via the content management system
- Serve as a liaison between editorial and Gannett support, working to troubleshoot or escalate issues; conduct website audits
- Assist in training editorial staff on using the CMS, social media, web analytics, etc.
- Serve as the product owner for the department’s newsletter marketing platform, which includes content curation, subscriber management and analysis
- Prepare web traffic, social media and newsletter reports and analysis
- Serve as a resource for the department with the ability to share expertise in areas of SEO, social media, content management system, web analytics, email marketing and video
- Write digital and print stories for the various Dispatch Magazines titles and websites.
- Journalism degree or equivalent professional experience
- Prefer 2+ years’ experience using content management systems; recent college graduates also will be considered
- Requires degree from a four-year college (e.g., B.A., B.S.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar and proofreading skills; quick learner
- Familiarity with AP Style is desired
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and follow-through
- Experience and interest in managing social media accounts
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CMS, Adobe Photoshop and MS Office
- Experience using Google Analytics and/or Parse.ly and email marketing is encouraged
- Experience and interest in video and podcasting production is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity; enthusiasm about journalism and the world around you
- Collaborative spirit