Coalfire is on a mission to make the world a safer place by solving our clients’ toughest cybersecurity challenges. We work at the cutting edge of technology to advise, assess, automate, and ultimately help companies navigate the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices across the U.S. and U.K., and we support clients around the world.
But that’s not who we are – that’s just what we do. We are thought leaders, consultants, and cybersecurity experts, but above all else, we are a team of passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference.
And we’re growing fast.
We’re looking for a Head of Total Rewards to support our Human Resources team.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, this role will develop a system-wide, innovative, and competitive Total Rewards strategy. This leader has responsibility for planning and directing the design, development, implementation, and execution of a corporate-wide total rewards package that includes compensation, equity, benefits, health and wellness/health promotion, and retirement programs. Emphasis will be on development and implementation of a compensation philosophy that supports the organization’s strategic initiatives; market-competitive compensation and benefits for all team members; creative pay strategies to attract and retain the organization’s critical, difficult-to-fill and highly visible positions; promoting health and wellness among team members; and control of expenses associated with these programs.
This subject matter expert acts as a thought leader to strategize and advise on various HR Total Rewards challenges for today and the future, has the ability to think critically in a fast-paced environment, and is equipped with an in-depth understanding of best practices and innovative trends. This position requires a blend of strong consultative and critical thinking skills with keen knowledge of human resources operational excellence and project management best practices. Ability to build rapport with internal clients, think critically in a fast-paced environment and ensure that efforts align with Coalfire’s principles and demonstrate visible momentum is a must.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and implement Total Rewards plan and work closely with CHRO and Senior Leadership team to ensure alignment to company strategy
- Demonstrate flexibility and adapts to changing needs of the business operation
- Utilize current and future trends/practice in forecasting HR budget
- Prepare materials for board meetings, and effectively present ideas and recommendations to Executive leadership
- Create an environment that supports and respects diversity to promote creative problem solving
- Maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information and ensures timely delivery of information delivered to appropriate audience
- Manage, coordinate, and achieve project success through time management, follow through and tracking, as appropriate
- Lead relationships with Coalfire’s benefits broker and vendors, including regular evaluation of their performance and fit with Coalfire’s overall Total Rewards strategy
- Develop and track the annual operating budget for all benefits, compensation and wellness programs that support our employees. Assess cost/benefit analysis for program spending and recommend program enhancements.
- Support administration of Coalfire’s 401(k)
- Manage stock administration tasks which may include maintenance of data (e.g., new hires, terminations, agreements, etc.) and account information, ensuring that all participant equity plan transactions (grants, exercises, vesting, etc.) are correctly processed and settled in a timely manner
- Run compensation and financial modeling when necessary for the business
- Own and lead the following programs: sales compensation, broad based compensation, short- and long-term incentive plan design, and Executive compensation
- Manage sales commission administration
- Familiarity with creating compensation frameworks and structures; has used Radford & Mercer to create external benchmarking frameworks
- Manage and analyze existing Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) strategy to ensure efficient and smooth integration of total rewards plans
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure competitiveness and fairness in new hire salaries. Ensure market competitiveness of existing staff to drive retention of top talent. Recommend salary actions for new hires, promotions, merits, etc.
What You’ll Bring
- 15+ years of professional experience
- 7+ years of progressive leadership experience in compensation, benefits, or related field
- Depth of relevant professional services industry experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional operations management in human resources, with strong attention to project deadlines and details; broad-based experience in directing diverse operations to ensure organizational growth and advancement
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification
- Display strong decision making, project leadership and consultation, delegation, and communication skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively communicate the what, why, and how – internally, externally, and at board-level
- Effectively works in a fast-paced work environment to deliver results
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills; able to distill data down to key information to enable decision making
- Fosters a work environment of inclusion and belonging for all team members.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results
- Able to think & plan strategically, while delivering as hands on player/coach
- Interest in future practices, policies, trends, and relevant technology in the field.
- Grasps complexities and connections among problems of issues, able to prioritize elements that will most drive success.
- Graduate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred