We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first – hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office, or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
As a key contributor on the People Team, this person will create and execute development initiatives designed to maximize talent capability and leadership excellence; helping to cultivate an inclusive talent environment in which every person can reach their full potential to fuel our mission. This role will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing best-in-class talent strategies, policies, and processes that enhance our people capabilities of the organization. This person will proactively lead succession planning, performance management, talent development, leadership competency, and overall employee experience. This role will be instrumental in driving our Talent strategy and will report to the Chief People Officer. This is an individual contributor role for someone who can think strategically and likes being hands on, and who thrives in an ever-changing startup ecosystem.
What you’ll do:
- Drives the creative design and implementation of talent programs (e.g., succession management, leadership development, talent architecture); presents ideas, business insight, and implementation approaches to HR leadership and business partners to increase the visibility of programs; assists in the development of engagement and integration strategies
- Leads the evaluation, enhancement and re-imagination of the Performance Management process to ensure clarity of expectations, exceptional delivery of high-quality continuous feedback, and meaningful outcomes following performance conversations
- Develops measures to determine talent program effectiveness including participation and engagement. Based on results, continuously improves programs and processes.
- Enhance and/or re-develop talent calibration tools and best practices, succession plans and targeted development plans for successors and other high potential talent that align with global process and long-term business strategies
- Design, develop and manage highly effective development initiatives to drive organizational effectiveness and a culture of change management, inclusive leadership, and individualized development to improve the depth and bench of leadership
- Collaborate with HRBPs to understand & assess development needs, perform gap analysis, design and implement development paths that build leadership skills and capabilities; aligned with organizational goals and strategy – including but not limited to assessments, coaching, group and team coaching, mentorship, etc.
- Lead efforts to create a culture of the career portfolio so that employees can grow, develop and have new opportunities to gain exposure, capabilities, and experience.
- Build strong relationships and communicate with business leaders to align the business strategy and organizational needs with the appropriate leadership development and change management solutions
- Partner to help implement initiatives and programs to help foster a diverse and inclusive workplace such as mentoring, sponsorship, unconscious bias, ally skills, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring industry innovations. This includes philosophy, process, and mechanisms (tools and resources).
What we’re looking for:
- 7-10 years’ experience in HR roles focusing on Talent Development, Organizational Development, Workforce Planning or Learning & Development
- Proven success to work cross-functionally, and vertically with Senior Leaders to influence and motivate change, aligning the people strategy with business goals and growth.
- Deep knowledge of HRBP practices including organization design, compensation, performance management, organizational change, relationship building, etc.
- Solutions-focused, empathetic, and collaborative approach to implementing and improving people programs and processes to support the business.
- Strong understanding leading research, practices and innovations in Talent Management, plus the strengths and drawbacks of what has been tried to date
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) able to create a story using data and research
- A creative thinker that develops solutions focused on the future of work and dynamic needs a culture, and its people
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to recruiting@Stash.com.
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product – Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)