AvantStay is looking for a Head of Revenue Management to act as a leader and key cross-functional liaison in our ongoing revenue optimization efforts on our finance team. Optimizing revenue and dynamic pricing practices is central to our continued success as we grow into new markets and increase the number of properties in our portfolio each month. You’re a strategic, data-driven leader with a deep understanding of both customer and business needs. You are an experienced leader that loves coaching and building high-performance teams responsible for formulating long and short-term revenue management strategies and overseeing their successful execution. You thrive in a high growth environment and have a high degree of operational rigor. You are passionate about hospitality and are excited about finding creative and effective revenue management solutions through complex pricing models. You thrive working cross-functionally with a small but growing team that requires a high degree of autonomy, flexibility and ability to think on your feet.
What you’ll do
- Set pricing and revenue management strategy and tactics for each property and each market via data analysis and leveraging various tools and software.
- Lead and own the development, implementation, and optimization of strategic pricing and revenue yield management practices to ensure revenue performance against Company targets.
- Own the analysis, presentation, and project management of ongoing revenue planning initiatives in close partnership with senior leadership and impacted stakeholders.
- Act as a key leader supporting Finance in modeling all aspects of revenue, including new market opportunities and verticals.
- Drive collaboration and act as an unbiased, objective voice on all aspects of pricing and revenue yield management with key stakeholders across Customer Experience, Marketing, Product, and Supply teams.
- Provide direction and proactively manage recurring revenue reporting and analytics for all properties and markets, identifying ongoing risk and opportunity areas for management.
- Identify, analyze and evaluate impact of local events, holidays, seasonal changes on supply and demand to optimize pricing decisions by using internal and external data sources.
- Enhance data-informed decision-making by developing and implementing performance reporting at all levels such as property, market, channel, segment, and more.
- Identify, analyze and evaluate performances against competition to maximize revenue generated at the property and market level.
- Build deep partnerships with the business and optimize utilization of third party data providers in a scalable manner.
- Perform new market analysis including, but not limited to market trends, competition, seasonality, key events, ADRs, RevPAR.
- Work-cross functionally to enhance utilization of internal data in order to increase accuracy of underwriting.
- Build, train, coach, and mentor a high performing team.
What you’ll bring
- Experience: 8+ years of relevant progressive experience in finance, analytics, and/or revenue management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Statistics or a related analytical field; MBA preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, demonstrated ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of assets using financial modelling techniques
- Demonstrated ability to effectively define and resolve problems that balance multiple needs and interests in a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present ideas, instructions and information effectively, both orally and in writing
- You are a self-starter and have a bias for action.
- Experience and knowledge on at least one of the following industries: real estate, travel, hospitality, hotels, tourism and the short-term and vacation rental market
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SQL, and data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, or Looker.
- Familiarity with statistical modeling practices in R or similar packages are a bonus/preferred.
Perks and Benefits
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties