Clearbit is looking for a talented attorney with privacy experience to advise on Clearbit’s policies and practices.
Responsibilities will include working closely with business leaders and outside counsel to to advise on all aspects of global privacy laws and regulations. As a subject-matter expert, you’ll help chart the company’s long term strategy, help shape the development of innovative new products and services and implement new or evolving data protection regulation.
- Develop and scale Clearbit’s global privacy program
- Maintain subject matter expertise in areas of privacy and data protection laws (including state and federal privacy laws and GDPR)
- Support the negotiation of contractual clauses relating to privacy and data protection
- Educate and partner with Product & Engineering teams on the tenets of privacy by design
- Advise the Marketing and Sales teams on privacy implications of core activities (customer-facing communications, advertising, etc)Advise appropriate stakeholders on compliance matters across all aspects of U.S. and international privacy and data protection laws and regulations
- Support the implementation of internal and customer-facing privacy policies and related communications
- Drive compliance in day-to-day activities, including preparing and updating policies and providing training and counseling to other teams
- Develop and conduct of general and role-specific privacy trainings across Clearbit
- Keep the organization abreast, and advise on the potential business impact, of new, pending or proposed federal, state, and foreign legislation, rules and regulations, as well as industry developments and trends, related to privacy, data security, and information governance that may affect the company and its operations
- Draft, update and manage legal templates, policies and playbooks
- Identify, implement and manage operational improvements within the legal team and with cross-departmental processes and procedures
- J.D. degree and membership in good standing with at least one state bar.
- Experience advising on privacy legal risks and mitigations, with working knowledge of relevant privacy laws, specifically GDPR and CCPA
- Privacy and data security experience gained at a leading law firm or in-house (ideally at a global SaaS or other technology company).
- Experience building and scaling in-house legal and privacy team
- Fast learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a high attention to detail
- Capable of working independently but exercises sound legal judgment and seeks guidance from outside counsel when appropriate
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate issues before they arise
- Strong time management and prioritization abilities; capable of prioritizing multiple, sometimes competing deliverables, while managing expectations and meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to apply legal principles and explain legal concepts practically in a business environment