The role: Head of Marketing
The Head of Marketing will be responsible for showcasing MessageBird to the world. You’ll shape how and where we share our brand story as you increase global awareness, cultivate partnerships, enhance performance marketing, create (digital) content strategies, and more. Plus, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build this function from scratch — and our marketing potential is endless!
You’ll also have some intriguing challenges to tackle: while we’re #17 on Y Combinator’s ranking of its all-time most successful companies, we’re far from a household name. We’re proud to be listed on Deloitte’s “Technology Fast 50” with a growth rate of 403% — and we send billions of messages every year — but we’re pushing ourselves to grow bigger, better and faster.
Our future is as bright as a rocket ship, and we’re searching for someone who can help us fuel the fire. Is that person you?
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute MessageBird’s global marketing strategy; your mission is to grow our presence worldwide and position us as a leader in business communications and the CPaaS industry.
- Collaborate with our founders, executive team and cross-functional leaders (in product, engineering, sales, communications and data science) to identify new opportunities and drive customer acquisition, retention and reach.
- Refine and scale all areas of marketing including brand, partnerships and digital (lead generation, social, performance, website, SEO/SEA/SEM, affiliates, automation, email and analytics).
- Leverage AB testing and provide insights and analysis on strategic challenges.
- Create systems and methods of research to drive, track, measure and analyze data from across various channels and touchpoints (on and offline); incorporate customer insights to build short- and long-term market forecasts and reporting.
- Oversee the production and distribution of all marketing collateral, to ensure consistent and on-brand support to drive global growth.
What you’ll bring
- 10+ years of marketing experience in a highly technical environment with a broad and complex product offering.
- Deep understanding of performance marketing, content strategy, and analytics — you’re a true data-driven strategist.
- Proven track record of leading and executing fully integrated marketing strategies to increase brand reach, user acquisition, engagement and retention and meeting/exceeding revenue and profitability goals.
- B2B(2C!) experience is a must.
- Excellent communication, advising and influencing skills across all the levels and geographies.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, with a hands-on approach.
- Experience in a start- to scale-up culture is a plus (or evidence you can adapt to sudden changes within both the company and broader industry).
- Full English professional proficiency (written and verbal) is required.
- You have a global scope, so global experience is preferred.
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.