Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for a dynamic and innovative Head of Marketing to help drive growth that funds work benefiting millions of people. We are looking for a mix of passion, structure and big thinking that can lead, grow and develop all core functions of our marketing organization at GoFundMe. This critical role will lead GoFundMe’s marketing team and report directly to GoFundMe’s Chief Corporate Affairs officer.
- You will lead the GoFundMe Marketing team as well as current and future agency relationships. You will also be a partner to the Classy Marketing team, identifying strategic opportunities to align the two brands from a product and go to market perspective.
- You are (or will become) obsessed with the community and causes we serve. You and your team will analyze market and 1st party data to build plans that super-serve the needs of and build plans to define an evolving company position and target audience
- Partner with executives and cross-functional partners to develop strategic orientation and drive key initiatives
- Partner closely with the: corporate affairs, communications, brand and creative, customer experience and our product team to steward our product vision and roadmap
- Develop a clearly articulated value proposition with corresponding enablement materials and marketing campaigns to engage with key external audiences
- Build and implement expansion strategies for our existing customer base, including account planning as well as generation for new products, category expansion, new partners and customer communities
- Steward our evolving market position with our target audiences
- 15+ years overseeing several marketing disciplines including, Brand, Creative, Demand Generation, Growth Marketing & Product Marketing
- 10+ years of direct people leadership experience managing teams
- Extensive experience negotiating terms and closing contracts for business
- Strategic problem solver
- Can think in a “bigger picture” and org mentality while still focusing on 70% management/people leadership and 30% individual contributor work
- Ability to perform at an exceptionally high level with ambitious velocity
Why you’ll love it here…
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $250,000 – $310,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or