As VP of Marketing, you will lead the innovation of TheGuarantors go-to-market strategy, build the brand, and grow the customer base. You will lead the vision for the team as they execute and continue to innovate strategies for how to best reach and connect people to our brand. You will drive a culture of new ideas that encompass channels, messages, and touch points for the customer journey. You will drive TheGuarantors toward key acquisition and retention goals, ensuring that the team sets and achieves progressive OKRs. As a member of the leadership team, you will represent and advocate for the Marketing team as you collaborate closely with CxO and leaders across the Product, Engineering, Operations and Sales.
What You Will Do
- Provide strategic vision and leadership across all of the company’s marketing and brand development.
- Set the strategy for growth to execute offline and digital marketing and creative brand building initiatives.
- Build out and deliver on creative strategy in line with overall brand values.
- Translate goals into effective integrated marketing strategies and campaigns that support the achievement of quarterly and annual goals.
- Develop and manage marketing program budgets; measure and optimize marketing programs to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and deliver high return on investment.
- Work closely with Customer Success and Product teams to continuously improve the value of membership.
- Build, inspire, and lead a marketing organization that delivers against marketing goals, with clearly defined roles, career paths, succession plans, and employee success strategies.
- Deep understanding and passion for proptech, insurtech and/or fintech
- Excellent verbal and written communication and people management skills
- Analytical and creative
- Detail-oriented and organizedA proactive problem solver with a strong work ethic
- Ability to react quickly to new information and inspire teams to do the same
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with multiple partners from executive to junior levels
- Ability to develop positive relationships while being tactful and respectful
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 15+ years of experience in leading and managing with geographically distributed team; and experience with marketing initiatives, brand marketing, brand management, marketing communications, and advertising
- 10+ years of experience in B2B2C consumer marketing at the Senior Director or VP level
- Experience working for brands within finance, insurance, and PropTech industries
- Experience working in a high-growth startup environment
- Experience utilizing data and measurement to drive decisionsExperience in PR/communication strategy and media planning
- Experience building & championing new marketing disciplines and teams
- Experience with managing budget and P&L
- Experience with stakeholder relationships and board member engagementsHands-on experience developing and executing integrated marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of the digital and social media landscape and understanding what it takes to mobilize customers in a complex proptech/insurtech/fintech environment
- Understanding the life cycle from acquisition through to retention, and how to expand or diversify (audience, brand, venues, services) without diluting the brand values