This roles coverage consists of three areas: Ecosystem Platform which focuses on third party developer experiences that enable the best customizations and apps, Marketplace which provides a sales platform for businesses offering app and Automation which brings automation features to all Atlassian products.
As the Head of Experience Design, you will lead several experience design managers, product designers, and content designers, to craft an extraordinary third-party developer experience. This is combined with a leading app sales platform, the Atlassian Marketplace. The role involves partnering with your peers in Engineering, Product Management, Research & Insights, and Program Management to execute the team’s vision.
As a member of our platform design leadership team, you will collaborate with other design managers, lead designers, and other partners to set the experience vision for the entire Cloud platform.
Leading this space means you get to maintain, improve, and innovate for over 180,000 customers in 190 countries. This work will directly impact tens of thousands of customers and millions of users! It will also help thousands of businesses who have been building their success on the platform to succeed.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work within an R&D leadership team to craft the ways developers build on the Atlassian platform
- Drive the customer experience strategies to impact the Atlassian product suite
- Provide cross-craft teams with the mentoring, direction, leadership, and support vital to envision and ship specific projects with a user focus optimally
- Lead and inspire a hard-working team of design managers and their reports across Australia and India. With a passion for developing others, you’ll mentor and encourage your team towards success and cohesion
- Bring your experience of customer-centric design thinking and practices to our teams
- Establish and maintain a high-quality bar for shipped design work with your team
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- Bring the previous experience of having led customer experience strategy with teams at scale
- Embrace the technical nature of crafting a developer experience, not shying away from sophisticated details where they matter
- Have experience leading platform experiences with enterprise-level scale and delivering value to multiple, interlinked audiences.
- Have a background in planning and then driving business unit direction autonomously as a hands-on designer, then subsequently as a manager, and manager of managers
- Show phenomenal facilitation skills and a track record of collaborating with other functions, like Engineering and Product Management
- Communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners, including senior leadership
- Have the drive and ability to step into the customer’s shoes to ensure customer centricity
It’s not essential, but nice if you have:
- A deep knowledge of the powers and unique challenges of a platform approach
- Experience of enabling audiences with tools and frameworks
- An understanding of the need to strike a balance to nurture a healthy e-commerce ecosystem
- Experience improving and sustaining design rituals at the org level