Timescale is looking for a Head of Events to help build and execute scalable, repeatable marketing events (both virtual and in person) for developers. You’ll partner within the Marketing team as well as alongside our Developer Advocacy and Engineering teams to identify high impact events (virtual and in-person) that help drive awareness and growth of Timescale within the developer community.
This role is remote in the Americas or EMEA time zones, but English language proficiency is a requirement.
What you will do
- You’ll shepherd our brand and think creatively about ways we can grow affinity among developers.
- You’ll be responsible for event strategy and execution, from identifying which events we should participate in to managing the most minute details of each event.
- You’ll work closely with Timescale’s community manager, product marketing managers and content manager to ensure event activations and experiences are catered to the PostgreSQL and other developer communities where Timescale is most popular.
- You’ll gather and use data to evaluate what’s working and how to improve. Y
- You’ll manage and negotiate sponsorship opportunities so that Timescale achieves the highest possible ROI.
- You’ll be responsible for tracking Call for Papers (CFP) and proactively gathering the product team to workshop high-quality CFP submissions.
- Finally, you’ll be responsible for preparing Know Before You Go documents and prepping team members on roles and expectations during events.
- Timescale is a developer-first company 🎉. Your programs and outbound communication should reflect knowledge and appreciation for developers (in other words: no marketing fluff or jargon). We love developers and you’ll fit right in if you do too.
- Build, lead, and execute on an events marketing plan.
- Grow and cultivate a passionate community around Timescale (in partnership with our Developer Advocacy team).
- Play a foundational role in how we reach developers and truly own end-to-end event programs and coordination.
- Shepherd in-house staff to apply to talk at events and coordinate their activities and engagements at the events themselves in partnership with Comms lead.
- Support marketing efforts and project management related to promoting virtual and in person events, conferences, meetups, and other speaking engagements.
- Utilize data tracking and analytics tools to assess the performance of virtual/hybrid/in person events.
- Stay up-to-date on event marketing trends and make recommendations for new marketing partners, tools, channels, and techniques.
- Provide “consulting” to community teams as they build and execute a meetup program.
- Support the maintenance and development of internal tools.
A little bit about you
- 5+ years experience in planning, developing and executing developer community engagement activities including Advisory Boards, trade shows, and 1st party events.
- Excellent cross-organizational collaboration skills. You can work across the team, across roles, and synthesize viewpoints and reach consensus.
- Creative and gifted event marketing leader.
- Passionate about developers and nerd culture.
- Able to juggle complex projects with multiple variables, stakeholders, and deliverables like a well-oiled machine (you’re a master project manager who doesn’t shy away from “grunt” work).
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make developers successful. You’ll work independently and remotely.
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief.
- Always up-to-date on the constant and rapid shift in the developer event landscape
- Previous experience in developer marketing
- Experience experimenting with several different virtual, hybrid, and in person events during the past 2+ years (need to reframe)