We’re seeking a Head of Design to help us build a simpler, more customer-centric home buying and selling experience. This role will be leading a team of 4 designers to start with future expectations of hiring and structuring a high-performing design org. Reporting directly to our VP, Product, this role will be responsible for developing and evangelizing a vision and roadmap for design & user experience strategy at Homeward to turn the complex process into a simple, digital led experience.
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to our overarching product vision, strategy, and roadmap by partnering closely with product management & engineering leadership.
- Identify the design capabilities needed to accomplish our organizational goals and lead a small, high-performing team to execute them.
- Roll up your sleeves and be hands-on as a player-coach to move quickly to deliver business results whether that’s with user interviews, survey development, workflow analysis, or mocking up features – you’re comfortable doing it all.
- Work closely with our product management, engineering, analyst, and operation teams to intimately understand the business & design the right user experiences to accomplish business goals
- Assess the tradeoffs between various approaches to delivering solutions and be able to clearly communicate the rationale behind that decision.
- Lead the development of our emerging design system to ensure a consistent user experience across our various applications.
- Seek feedback and coordinated launch efforts with every segment of the organization from Operations to Customer Service to Finance.
- Analyze what competitors are doing in the space to differentiate and distinguish our experience.
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years experience designing and building simple, user-centric systems while optimizing for delivering value as quickly as possible.
- 3+ years of managing teams in a high-growth organization while still being hands on.
- Experience delivering within the complex environment of tech-enabled professional services
- You apply analytic rigor to business problems combined with a deep empathy for users and value outcomes-focused initiatives
- You’ve designed, launched and iterated on multiple responsive web apps and features, and have a portfolio to share with our team.
- Demonstrable mockup and prototype skills using industry standard tools such as Figma
- Expert skills in conducting user interviews, user experience tests, and survey research
- Expert qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- You’re a team player with enthusiasm about helping beyond the bounds of your day-to-day role and a high degree of flexibility and coachability
- You’re interested in improving the complex, emotional process of buying and selling a home and making it the exciting milestone in people’s lives that it deserves to be.
- Demonstrated experience leading a small, tight-knit, high-performing Data team and partnering effectively with Product Engineering & the broader organization to drive business results.