Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
As our Head of Data, you will continue to enable our teams to be data-led, and ensure that we are making the most out of the information that we capture and create. This impacts every team across Adaptavist, and the growing customer portfolio we work with every day. As such this is a Senior Management position that will be working alongside department heads throughout the organisation.
You will be responsible for the entire field of Data & Analytics, along with partnering with research and development in emerging technologies and frameworks. This role will focus and drive our Data Engineering, Analytics, and Science teams, and the Head of Data will bring focus and drive to these groups
What you’ll be doing
Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer, and is responsible for developing and reporting on key performance indicators across the business.
Build our end-to-end data strategy, to ensure that all of Adaptavist makes the best use of the information we capture and create
Working with senior leaders and management, you will be driving data-led decision making throughout the business
Own the operational reporting frameworks throughout the business, ensuring Adaptavist has the information it needs, ready at hand
- Leadership and People Management
Responsible for the day to day management of our Data Engineers, Analysts, and Data Scientists
Own the headcount plans for each of the respective areas, meeting the growing needs of the business as we continue to grow
Mentor, coach and develop the Data Team Leads
Facilitate and enable collaboration and communication including conflict resolution
Align the team with product and business priorities
- Data & Roadmapping
Ensure all of Adaptavist has access to the information they need, integrated into the tools they operate in daily
Oversee the roadmaps for each of the respective groups, and their alignment with the Adaptavist strategy
The Head of Data is responsible for the roadmap for our Data Science function, expanding Adaptavist’s use of ML/AI methodologies
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience in Data Analysis, Engineering, or Science functions
- Proven experience leading teams through growth preferable in SMB or larger organisations
- A collaborative approach to leading and inspiring team-of-teams to work collaboratively
- Driven to set and accomplish complex goals. Experience in taking an idea, making a plan, and executing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, enabling you to work across a range of functions, teams, and seniority
- Experience with educating stakeholders
- An ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Self-starting, strongly ambitious and tenacious, willing to go the extra mile
A few nice to haves
- Day to day experience running reporting and dashboarding services
- Experience developing integration strategies with SaaS services (i.e. Atlassian, Slack, Salesforce)
- Experience with PaaS providers like AWS and GCP
- Proven experience working with Senior Management and C-level stakeholders to deliver on programs of work
- Demonstrable experience driving strategies for incorporating Machine Learning capabilities into organisations
- Exemplary ability to incorporate quantitative and qualitative data into our everyday business decisions