Your favorite digital creators—the ones you follow every day on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Twitch—aren’t just extraordinarily talented personalities and community builders. They’re also businesses. That means they have business needs—managing revenues, expenses, savings, credit, banking. We’re building products that help creators spend less time worrying about finances so they can focus on creating.
So far we’ve succeeded at taking an early lead in our category thanks to a strong sales effort, events team, and social (our co-CEO is deeply embedded in the creator community and regularly provides dispatches and insights from his travels). As a result, we have amazing brand equity—but lack an engine to put that fuel to use.
As our Growth Marketing Manager, you’ll build the system to refine our GTM, position our products, grow our funnels, launch campaigns, and analyze our KPIs so we can scale our reach as we drop our CAC.
This is a great opportunity for an analytical storyteller, someone comfortable with the messy nature of themes and language but precise about tracking, reporting, and making key decisions to help us grow.
What you’ll do
- Refine our GTM strategy and identify the core marketing OKRs and KPIs that serve as our foundation for growth. You’ll use these goals to measure and report on your progress.
- Tighten the themes, personas, and product language that drive our positioning and storyline. We need language that is precise, memorable, and resonates with creators.
- Build, test, and refine the organic and paid channels that target our high-value cohorts and reduce our CAC. You’ll own and report on those funnels, and work alongside our co-CEO who owns social.
- Collaborate with product, sales, support, and legal to launch new products and features. This is triage work, and you’ll decide the right mix of effort relative to the likely outcomes.
- Scale (and measure) personalized content to nurture our relationship with customers throughout their journey. This includes email, messaging, notifications, home cards, and the like.
- Help our sales team close more deals with engaging and informative content/tools that emphasize our unique products and distinguish us from the competition.
What you’ll need:
- You excel at product marketing fundamentals: positioning, messaging, launch management, and sales enablement. You can demonstrate this through the interview process with specific examples, details, and outcomes.
- You care about growth. Smart positioning and tight messaging aren’t useful unless it’s adding to the bottom line. CAC/LTV ratios is just as vital to your work as sentiment analysis or organic reach.
- You can balance strategy and execution, switching between GTM and hands-on IC/craftwork. Equally, you balance instincts and data.
- You have a history of collaboration and know how to push/pull to get the most out of your peers and reports (we currently have 3 marketing ICs)
- You’re curious (natch), have a sense of humour, and give a shit.
- Bonus: you have experience with finance and/or the creator economy. Most relevant, you can talk about money in ways that inexperienced, distracted customers can understand.
- Huge opportunity. The creator economy just flew past a $50b milestone despite zero infra for creator banking. It’s our race to lose.
- Fascinating problems. We reduce financial risk so creators can take creative risks. The work you do in building a creator bank quite literally impacts contemporary culture.
- The right team. We’ve worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG), and social networks (Instagram). We started this company to leverage our experiences to help creators.
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don’t be afraid to bring yourself to work!
- Resources and growth. We’re well capitalized from top investors like Signal Fire and Union Square Ventures; CEOs from YouTube, Twitter, Wealthfront, and CAA; and investors including Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, Y Combinator, CRV, and Coatue. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You’ll learn a lot, build foundational products, and grow as our company scales.
- Flexible and remote work culture
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k (or CPP for Canucks)
- Home office and/or co-working allowance
- Health and wellness budget
- Your very own Karat card
- Meet with and build for your favorite creators
We’re a distributed team. This is a full-time role open to anyone in North American time zones.