Reporting to the VP of Design, you’ll be joining a motivated, creative team whose work touches all aspects of BetterLesson’s brand, services and learning platform. The Design team creates human-centered design across multiple platforms, media, learning experiences and customer touchpoints. As part of our team, your role is essential in helping us communicate our brand vision through visual language that elevates the BetterLesson brand, and demonstrates the respect and admiration we have for educators. Your closest collaborators will be in the Marketing and Product teams, allowing you to have an impact at all stages of the customer and educator journey. We are looking for someone who has a passion for relatable, accessible design, a strong portfolio, and a desire to learn by doing in a growth-oriented company culture.
- Create graphics and layouts for collateral, conferences, presentations, and webinars across print and digital media, aligned to our brand guideline.
- Create website and landing page mock-ups, templates, and images to support marketing operations development.
- Manage all design assets, ensuring that all team members are able to locate and utilize the amazing pieces that you create.
- Create design comps and supporting graphics for the BetterLesson Lab, our learning platform, including our online learning materials (video, audio, and digital content).
- Support our Coaches with templates and materials used in BetterLesson Professional Learning Events.
- Collaborate with our UX Designers and the Engineering team to ensure the design vision is executed to spec and is pixel-perfect.
- Help establish a design thinking culture at BetterLesson, so that every team might use design thinking methodology in their work.
- A flexible, curious designer whose work is able to span across print and digital platforms.
- Someone with superior active listening and critical thinking skills.
- Able to work in a collaborative design environment; to be critiqued and to respectfully critique the work of others in pursuit of the best possible design solution.
- Organized, self motivated, and deadline-oriented
- Invested in your own learning and growth as a part of your professional practice
- Committed to our work with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and will be an active participant in that work, with a focus on accessibility in design.
- 1-3 years in a graphic design role for digital and print media
- A thorough knowledge of visual design principles; graphic design, layout, typography, color, icon development, corporate identity and branding.
- An online design portfolio that demonstrates the design principles listed above.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop); Sketch; Google Docs and Slides.
- Experience with video editing, After Effects or animation a plus
- A degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience, as demonstrated in your portfolio
- Experience designing for the EdTech or Education industry a plus
We Can Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with an awesome team to solve important problems.
- A competitive salary.
- Health and other employee benefits.
- Equity in the business you are helping to build.
- A flexible schedule and vacation policy.
- The opportunity to spend every day working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.