Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we’ve built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
We’re growing and looking for…
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
The Global Mobility Partner will own the end-to-end vision, strategy and execution of Robinhood’s immigration and relocation support initiatives for our employees. Our goal is to provide a world-class experience to employees, and ensure that every Robinhood employee feels supported, heard, and empowered
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Manage all aspects of the immigration and relocation support
- Ensure compliance with any/and all applicable company policies and governmental regulations through effective management of our internal stakeholders as well as our external delivery partners (e.g., relocation, tax, immigration, etc.).
- Build deep, effective partnerships with People, Recruiting, Legal, Finance, Accounting, and Tax teams to create and manage Robinhood’s global mobility programs
- Create systems that scale our operations so we’re ready for more locations, complexity, and needs, partnering closely with HR Operations
- Act like an owner on case-by-case internal transfer, relocation, and immigration/work authorization requests with a high level of empathy
- Partner with Recruiting to refine candidate and new joiner immigration support initiation and communication processes
- Benchmark our current policies against internal feedback and external market standards, assess potential opportunities for improvement, and make strategic recommendations for program changes (workflows, tools, policies, budgets, approvals, compliance testing)
- Oversee immigration case management with external vendors (e.g., immigration counsel)
- Serve as the subject matter expert for mobility and fielding questions from executives, managers, an employees related to our philosophy and policy
- Drive training and adoption of immigration and relocation policies with critical audiences including recruiting
- Manage special immigration and relocation projects including offshoring and landing team initiatives
- Forecast, set and track the budgets for immigration and relocation.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 8+ years of mobility experience in a fast-paced environment
- Expert in U.S. immigration policy and its continuous evolution
- Previous experience partnering with external immigration and/or relocation providers
- Expertise in building trusting relationships with leaders at all levels
- Previous experience with visa transfers and green card sponsorship project management
- Previous experience owning H-1B cap project management
- Ability to strike a balance between strategic vision-building and rolling up your sleeves
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Comfort with interpreting and using people data to tell a story and translating it into actionable strategy
- Experience adapting and evolving mobility operations and strategy through multiple phases of a company’s growth
- Experience supporting international/global mobility operations