We are looking for a Global Logistics and Compliance Manager to manage the operations and performance of carriers globally, while ensuring goods move in a compliant manner.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the Import/Export compliance program
- Oversee inbound and outbound logistics
- Daily oversight to the relationship with carriers, freight forwarders, and customs brokers
- Improve carrier performance, business process, and costs
- Manage business standards for freight claims, dangerous goods (HAZMAT), and any new processes that may arise
- Ensure freight, duties, and taxes are paid in a timely manner
- Maintain proficiency on trade compliance regulations and changes in the shipping world
- Resolve issues with carriers/customs brokers to reduce delays
- Maintain and document global transportation and compliance processes and policies
- Manage delivery status updates with customers
- Cultivate the delicate balance of compliance, cost, and speed for our shipments
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 8-10 years of domestic/international transportation operations
- 5 years Import/Export experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or a related field of study is preferred
- Strategic program and project management experience required
- Experience managing cross-border shipments
- Detailed oriented with the ability to manage data in multiple databases
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with working with different countries in North America, Europe, and Asia
- Demonstrated experience in simplifying complex information to team members and customers
- Managed People/Resources for 5 years
- Experience in CRM’s (Salesforce) and ERP’s (Netsuite, SAP, Oracle) is a plus
- Start-Up experience is a plus
- Licensed Customs Broker is a plus
- Microsoft Office/G-Suite experience required
- Maintains composure in high-pressure situations, and able to execute plans solo with strong judgment and quality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We pay for performance, and top performers are eligible to receive above target equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.