Double is a flexible assistant service for busy executives. We help CEOs and their teams save time and focus on what they do best without the cost of hiring, by matching them with a dedicated remote assistant. Double provides the tools and methods to make delegation and task management effortless, so executives and assistants are always in sync. We help our clients with scheduling, travel, inbox management, administrative tasks, and much more.
We started in April 2018 and have closed $6M+ in fundraising with top-tier VCs. We grew 6x in the last year, and are now looking for an exceptional, energetic, Full-stack Software Engineer to help us continuously improve our web apps.
On the product front, we’ve built a software ecosystem that includes apps for Web, iPhone and Chrome, for both assistants and executives. Our product mission is to help CEOs become better executives by providing the platform to efficiently communicate, manage tasks, improve their delegation skills, and build the best relationship with their assistant.
Let’s build the future of delegation together!
About the role
As part of our engineering team, you will have a strong impact and ownership on our web apps, both client facing and internal. You will collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver useful, usable and desirable product experiences.
Our web apps are built with Apollo GraphQL, React and TypeScript. Our backend is built with Node, a PostgreSQL DB, Apollo Federation. We also build a native iOS app in Swift (UIKit and SwiftUI).
What you will do
In the 1st month, you will
- Get familiar with our products and understand how they work from the end-user point of view
- Get up to speed on the structure of our backend and web codebases
- Solve a few starter bugs and ship some improvements to our existing products
In the first 3 months, you will
- Partner with Product and Design teams on a medium scope feature, build it end to end, ship it to end users
- Build dashboards to track quantitative data about shipped features and track success
- Build internal tools to support our ops and customer service teams
- Engage with our community of assistants to help them when they face a bug or an issue
- Be involved in user research efforts to develop empathy with our users
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to weigh in on the features you are involved in and on the larger product roadmap
In the first 6 months, you will
- Lead the implementation of a large scale project that has implications on a large surface area of our product
- Have a solid intuition of what projects are hard and what projects are easy to deliver given our technical stack
- Solve a pain-point in the developer experience that will make your fellow engineers eternally grateful
- Handle a complex bug by adding more instrumentation
- Write a few simple scripts and bots that integrate our teams tools to keep everybody in the loop
- Solve performances issues both backend and client side
- Respond to an incident in production and derive learnings from it to make sure it does not happen again
- Feel comfortable filling the gaps left by the Design team when you encounter an edge case, and know when to ask for a second opinion
Within the first 12 months, you will have
- Have re-written from scratch or deleted the feature you launched in your second month, and be fine with it!
- Have participated in hiring and onboarding new teammates to the team
- Have contributed to defining our engineering culture
- Have interacted with all functions in our organization, including Operations, Customer Success and Marketing, to make sure we are building the right product
- Maybe have merged a few PRs to our iOS codebase to get out of your comfort zone!
Who you are
- You have a BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- You have 3+ years of programming experience including 1+ year React and Node experience
- You have a deep understanding of relational databases
- You are familiar with or excited to learn about TypeScript, GraphQL, Apollo, React Hooks, Redis, Chrome Extensions
- You are a strong believer in software engineering best practices (automation, peer reviews, …)
- You are passionate about solving a wide range of software engineering challenges, about making people more productive and about building well designed products. You like sharing your opinion about the product we are building, even though you don’t need to be the expert.
- You are a self-starter and are not afraid to deal with ambiguity. You are excited by the ownership opportunities that come with joining an early-stage company.
- You like taking initiative to make your team more efficient, by implementing tooling and process improvements.
- You are not afraid of throwing code away as you understand that small companies need to change quickly. You are open to getting out of your lane and contribute to parts of our stack that are new to you, when it delivers the most impact for the team.
- You bring energy to your teammates and thrive at pushing things forward. You communicate well with a diverse team.
Benefits & perks
- An insanely supportive team, working to build great products and make delegation simpler and easier for everyone
- A competitive salary, and a generous equity package
- Fully remote position & the technology you need to work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Participation in medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness stipend to help you manage and balance your physical, emotional, educational, and financial well-being
- Offsite team outings
We’re a dynamic team that values a transparent and innovative work environment. We work hard to support each other in many ways. We value doers, people who are not afraid to break things and experiment.
You will be reporting directly to Florent, our Engineering Manager. You will also work in close contact with Christophe, our Co-Founder and Chief product Officer, as well as our Operations, Growth, and Engineering teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.