The payments landscape is changing rapidly with hundreds of ways to accept payments online globally. Given the plethora of innovation in this space, payments has never been more complex for merchants to implement and maintain; similarly, e-commerce has never been more important for merchants globally.
Primer is bringing simplicity to this complex and dynamic landscape. We offer one payment infrastructure for merchants, freeing them to work with multiple providers through our one API. We will be a constant in a world where new payments methods and services are unveiled daily.
- We were set up in January 2020 by ex PayPal founders
- We’ve grown to a team of 50 people, all working 100% remotely – from the UK, Sweden, France, Romania, South Africa, Singapore, the USA and more!
- We secured our Series A funding round in November 2020, with backing from Accel, Seedcamp, Balderton and Speedinvest
- We love hiring driven people and enabling them to do the best job possible by giving them autonomy in their role and encouraging a culture of collaboration
We have ambitious growth plans at Primer over the next year and we are now rapidly scaling our engineering teams to help us shape the future of Primer.
We are looking for a product minded Frontend Engineers to join our remote-first teams, working across all of Primer’s product from our Dashboard, Checkout, Documentation and our Website. UX and design are always at the front of our minds – Checkout and Dashboard focus on delivering a first class experience to merchants and their customers. Checkout builds SDKs across a wide range of technologies allowing developers to integrate anywhere, whereas Dashboard focuses on crafting a slick management and reporting interface using React.
What you’ll be doing
- Our Dashboard team implement designs and functionality from specs
- Our Checkout team builds and maintains client side SDKs
- Working in close collaboration with Product and Engineering teams
- Taking ownership of key technology decisions, building for scale and optimising for output
- Conducting code reviews and continuously look at ways of improving the teams’ ways of working
- Always looking for ways to optimise our user facing products and interfaces
- Creating detailed documentation for projects, our customers and for teams internally
- Using your skills to abstract the complexities of online payments for our merchants
- Developing deep payments expertise in order to make managing payments intuitive
- Experience delivering high performance web applications
- Experience working with fin-tech or other complex or data heavy products
- Passion for beautiful, well tested code
- Experience building and maintaining beautiful and concise developer documentation
- Passion, motivation and confidence
- A get-things-done and take-broad-responsibility attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a remote team
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Share options offered as part of package
- Machine + peripherals of your choosing
- Up to £500 towards your home office setup
- Fully remote set up
- All expenses paid bi-annual get-togethers
- Learning Budget: Books + other learning resources on us
- Flexible working