We’re seeking talented frontend engineers to build out features for the frontend for Tonic’s data synthesis platform. At Tonic, you’ll have the opportunity to help build out a product that is core infrastructure for organizations to use, analyze, and build upon their data while exploring new privacy and data techniques such as differential privacy, synthesizing new data, and creating small and effective subsets of production datasets. In addition, as an early member of our engineering team, you’ll have many opportunities to forge our best practices, technical decisions, and create areas of ownership for yourself.
This job is for someone who is familiar with modern front-end technologies such as React and Typescript.
What You’ll Do:
- Write a lot of code. Currently, our back-end is .net core and our front-end is React. Additionally, we have some small tools built-in Python.
- Own the quality of the features you write by including comprehensive automation for the features you develop.
- Architect your own features. Developers at Tonic are given wide latitude to approach features however they see fit. Of course expect copious feedback from technical leadership!
- Collaborate with Product Design, Product Management and Customer Success. Tonic is small, and you’ll get exposure to how all the sausage is made.
- Attend customer meetings. Our product development is customer-centric. Expect to be on calls with customers, asking questions, getting feedback, and bouncing ideas around to come up with cool new features.
- Improve our developer experience, contribute to our release process, develop a dashboard to measure adoption of your latest feature, or help in 100 other ways that are crucial to a startup but might be taken for granted in larger more established companies.
What You’ll Bring:
- 6+ years experience
- Expertise in an object oriented programming language such as C# or Java
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills, able to work independently with little direction
- Some things that will make you stick out:
- An eye for design and experience with UI/UX
- Knowledge of statistics or experience with machine learning
- Knowledge of how Database Systems work
Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- One Medical membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Remote-friendly work environment