Who you are
You get excited by creating exceptional products that change the lives of millions of people. You love writing high-quality code that works under all circumstances and is easy to maintain. You stay on top of the latest developments in the community and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
What you will do on a day-to-day basis
- Work on our home-made internal tools
- Interact with our designers and product owners to create specifications for new features
- Implement these features and ensure that they work correctly by writing tests
- Triage and resolve reported bugs
- Refactor older parts of our applications, to improve maintainability and extensibility
- Live and breathe innovation, technology, and engineering
What are the requirements?
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- You have a highly analytical and curious mind, and a passion for web development
- You collected significant hands-on experience with Angular
- You are familiar with SCM, preferably Git
- Bonus points for open-source contributions
- Your English skills are on point (no Dutch required)
Located in Amsterdam, our fun-filled office is the best place for you to focus on your Picnic projects. Equipped with your favorite hardware and surrounded by like-minded people, you’ll grow professionally and personally, while enjoying the startup life along the way. We like to keep our 40-hour work-week flexible around here.
Our tech team consists of 15 product teams, which handle tons of innovative projects. Sharing, mentoring and keeping up to date is a must at Picnic: Meetups, webinars, Lunch & Learn sessions, and our very own Tech academy make sure that’s taken care of. Your soft skills will get some attention as well, with tailored training and courses.
Our salaries are market competitive and our pension program will put your mind at ease.
Sure! If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in.
If you are joining us from a country that doesn’t allow traveling to the Netherlands just yet due to Covid-19, there’s a chance that your onboarding could take place remotely. We had lots of new team members starting their Picnic-journey remotely already, you can have a peek at how it’s going here.
What are you waiting for? Get in touch! And no worries, the whole process is currently fully remote, to keep everyone safe and healthy.