You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Both an architect and builder. You understand how content can support defined business needs, and continue to tie deliverables back to outcomes. But you also like rolling up your sleeves and doing the work: writing, editing, digging into data, conducting expert interviews, sourcing and managing freelance writers, and developing distribution plans.
- Performance oriented: We are pursuing thought leadership, but also must follow the data and impact of each piece of content. All fit into our provider journey, so will have metrics attached.
- Feedback hungry: This is a nascent content engine with varied stakeholders, so feedback will be plentiful and should be sought out. This will also lead to an iterative, always-optimizing process.
- Curious and studious. You will be interacting with subject matter experts on a regular basis, so fluency with the healthcare and health tech sector will be very useful. You should have a genuine interest in healthcare and an ability to dig in and learn through internal and external education.
- A subject matter expert. You will be looked to as a content expert internally, commonly tasked with turning concepts into creation. You’ll need to know how to build internal networks, manage feedback loops and bring stakeholders’ visions to life.
Your day to day is…
- Fueling provider content strategy, which includes:
- 1 white paper per quarter, and associated blog cutdowns, landing page copy and ad copy
- 2 CEO op-eds per quarter
- 1 case study per month, and associated ad copy
- 8 editorial blog posts/month
- Curating content & writing copy:
- 2 provider newsletters per month
- 1 Zocdoc company account LinkedIn post/week
- Accounting maintenance
- Onboarding sessions at onset of contract
- Weekly check-in meetings to review calendar and docket, content performance, align on priorities, etc
- NOTE: the above assumes reasonable feedback/edit cycles on content, especially as we get calibrated on messaging, voice, etc. It also assumes Zocdoc will facilitate your access to relevant data and SMEs (either internal, or clients/sources) and that Zocdoc will handle distribution of all final assets
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 5+ years working in healthcare journalism, content marketing or another editorial role: This is primarily a writing and editing position, so demonstrating content skill and experience with this subject matter is necessary.
- Business and metrics acumen: We do not believe in content for content’s sake, and this role supports provider acquisition with clear business outcomes.
- Experience in healthcare operations, B2B writing: Experience with the subject matter will only accelerate fluency and delivering quickly on KPIs.
- Strong reporting instincts, including the ability to conduct interviews: A strong portion of content will involve client interviews and interviews with internal subject matter expertise.
- Comfort with data and scientific research: Data and research are critical parts of nearly every deliverable, where the ability to wade through and translate is paramount.
- Experience with marketing assets, including copy support (ex. headline): Competency with distribution channels and other marketing levers, especially e-mail, is necessary.
- Visual eye: You will be responsible for the visual representation of much of the content you produce, so the ability to work with style guides, designers, et al is critical.
- This is a part-time, freelance position, and is expected to work an average of 20 hours per week.