Smartcar is on a mission to make it easy for everyone to use the apps and services they love with their car. We build developer-friendly APIs which makes it easy for businesses to integrate their products with vehicles of any brand using a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Ventures. We are now the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across North America and Europe serving amazing customers including brands like British Petroleum (BP), Turo, and more.
Innovative mobility companies use our API platform to verify mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging schedules, monitor fleets, and much more.
As Smartcar’s FP&A Manager, you will be a key operator to jointly execute on plans created with the Director of Finance in evolving our FP&A infrastructure, reporting, stakeholder management, and cohesion with our tech stack. This role will interest those looking for high-ownership and to have a direct impact on Smartcar and our Series B growth — while being the founding FP&A Manager on the team.
This role will initially be designated as an individual contributor – Smartcar is a fully remote company across the United States and United Kingdom.
We’d love for you to join us!
- Work directly with Director of Finance to continue evolving FP&A infrastructure, internal financial management models, and reporting tools and frameworks.
- Partner closely with leaders across our Sales, Marketing, & Customer Success teams to drive strategic decision-making, investment prioritization, and long-range planning.
- Under the direction of the Director of Finance, buildout improved finance reporting and metrics through data transformation and governance with an ultimate goal of centralized source of finance data sets.
- Assist in establishing business processes and cadence to ensure data consistency between the ERP, CRM, billing, payment, and financial reporting platforms to maintain the single source of truth; Enrich a master data set capturing revenue, bookings, and customer & product data for monthly and QBRs and annual planning activities by finance.
- Partner with the Director of Finance to create definable and trackable KPIs and reporting tools tied to business goals and the company’s strategic plan, and be able to communicate so-what’s to leadership.
- Assist in matters related to revenue recognition, estimates for credit loss reserves, capitalization of sales commission expenses under ASC 606, treasury and banking relationships, and creating and updating forecasts, budgets, and operating plan.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting for management under U.S. GAAP, including creation and maintenance of roll forward schedules supported by appropriate audit-ready documentation.
- Assist with administration of compensation programs, including sales commissions, bonuses, 401(k) program, and equity incentive compensation.
- Assist in special projects, such as system enhancements and ad hoc analyses and other duties as appropriate.
Who You Are
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, preferably in a SaaS startup environment with complex customer contracts.
- Strong understanding of GAAP principles, and revenue recognition standards under ASC 606.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- Experience using QuickBooks, Stripe, Ramp, Salesforce, Rippling, or similar finance tech stack.
- Motivated, dynamic team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment.
- Advanced Excel skills, Salesforce, and experience using a large-scale ERP is preferable.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration or equivalent preferred.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: $115,000 – $145,000