Combyne is a social tool for creating outfits – a fusion of a game, a practical utility and a social network. Combyne users are able to spend time designing their own dream outfits, as well as exploring fashion trends from around the world. Users can design digital versions of real-world outfits, experiment with different looks, and share their creations with friends. Combyne, which was launched out of Munich, Germany, sits at the nexus point of two converging trends: content creation and gaming. Indeed, 75% of combyne users create their own content (despite the benchmark in the space being just 1-10%). As the app grows increasingly popular with teenagers in the US and Europe, combyne continues to be used both as a source of casual fun as well for practical dressing purposes. The userbase is growing entirely organically, and has 5x’d its number of MAUs since the start of 2020. Combyne’s vision is to digitize the usage of fashion. Opposed to the commerce of fashion, which is already digitized.
If we succeed in digitizing the usage of fashion, we’ll use the resulting data points to stop the massive overproduction in the fashion industry, which currently churns out 100 billion pieces of clothing per year for 7 billion people. The problem is so bad, some brands are burning unsold inventory. In the future, production decisions should be based on data, not on guessing.
As a Founder’s Associate / Chief of Staff, you will work directly with our founder and CEO on a broad range of exciting topics, from operational tasks (like outbound communication and hiring new key team members) to highly strategic projects (like negotiating strategic partnerships, evaluating venture capital firms, shaping our story-telling or supporting the next strategic fundraising process) and everything in between. You will never do things we wouldn’t do ourselves, but we also cover a lot of “unsexy” topics if it’s needed to help Combyne succeed.
- Support developing exciting narratives of our vision and strategies for spreading it
- Prepare and execute important company communication
- Support the next strategic fundraising process and business planning
- Support cross-functional business operations, e.g. by owning and preparing research projects and hiring operations
- Create concise pitch decks, press releases, and presentations for internal & external occasions for the CEO
- Support daily CEO operations, e.g. by taking over tasks from the CEO or preparing meetings or briefings
- Uncover best-practices from other leading companies in the creator economy and suggest / implement improvements in the company
- You have work experience in a fast-paced environment (consulting, startup, VC)
- You bring a high-level of proactivity as well as a get-stuff-done mentality
- You are very structured about how to prioritize work and time
- You have proven the ability to quickly learn new things
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are a must, German language skills are a nice to have
Your learnings and benefits
- Get a firsthand view into management and operations of one of Europe’s leading creator economy startups, which will set you up to move into a senior leadership role at Combyne after 1-2 years or to found your own startup with the experience you gained
- Shape the new era of creator-driven social networks with us
- Be part of the new rising star in the creator economy
- Flexible working hours and 26 days annual leave + extra leave for New Year’s Eve
- A purposeful mission – have an impact together with us
- Driven international team with a great mix of full-remote and in-office work culture
- Personal development budget
- Additional benefits such as a gym membership and workations
- Philipp, our founder and CEO, is looking forward to your application!
Type: part-time (possible), full-time (preferred)
Where: Remote or on-site (Munich, Germany)
When: As of now