This role plays a pivotal role in Varis by collaborating across departments to create financial reports and analyses that shape and guide our business decisions. As a key partner to our business teams, you’ll work closely with them to comprehend the essential factors that drive our forecasts and enable us to achieve our desired outcomes.
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional business partnership skills, excels in using tools like Excel and various systems, pays meticulous attention to detail, and communicates effectively both in writing and verbally. They should have a track record of delivering effective solutions in a results-driven environment.
In addition to these responsibilities, this role will also evaluate internal controls to gauge their effectiveness and influence the development of systems and processes for capturing, monitoring, and analyzing data related to our rapidly expanding business activities. If you’re eager to make a significant impact by identifying and addressing our business, financial, and reporting needs, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to thrive.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee financial reporting for Varis. Understand input drivers, validate the integrity of the reporting, and interpret results to influence strategic decision-making and planning.
- Participate in and lead portions of the planning and forecasting function. Build robust and predictive models and processes to optimize capital and operating investments.
- Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to develop analyses, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Varis.
- Communicate data and analyses in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Your communications drive critical business decisions.
- Maintain a firm stance while also committing to fostering constructive dialogues, resolving issues, and driving decisions.
- Identify opportunities to improve, scale, or simplify finance tools and controls across teams and organizations by introducing automation for models and reporting.
- Create dynamic financial models to forecast cash flow, net present value, payback period, and return on invested capital.
- Maintain a high standard for accuracy and ownership, setting an example across the company.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field of study.
- 3+ years of experience as a financial analyst, in a role involving ownership and accountability for deliverables, judgment calls, and impactful business activities.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence business partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated individual with strong strategic skills and the ability to work efficiently and autonomously.
- The ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality is crucial for success.
The figures in this range reflect the average annual base salary for the given role, while additional variable incentives based on performance may also be available. Recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.