Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values (the guiding principles that reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right): In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
What you will accomplish
- The FP&A Summer Intern will be a key contributor to projects focused on IPO readiness. You will help design and enhance business processes and reporting.
What you get to do every day
- Develop business unit KPIs to measure profitability and cost savings opportunities
- Perform variance analyses to gauge progress towards goals
- Measure the impact of new initiatives on profitability, margins, customer retention
- Support future corporate finance activities
What you bring to the role
- Interest in start-ups, corporate finance, and strategy
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
Need to have:
- Current MBA student entering second year in the Fall of 2022
- Prior finance and accounting coursework and/or experience
- Excel and/or Google Sheets proficiency
Nice to have:
- SQL proficiency
- Financial modeling experience
- Prior investment banking and/or management consulting experience
- FP&A software experience
- NetSuite experience
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission – Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
The hourly compensation for this intern role is $40 per hour. This information reflects a base hourly range for this position based on current market data, and may vary by location. Exact compensation will be determined by the candidates’ skills, experience, and other relevant factors.